ADSI + ASP.NET (.NET Framework) System.Directoryservices

ADSI + ASP.NET (.NET Framework) System.Directoryservices

Post by Sri Prab » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:17:40

I'm trying to create users in the domain controller running IIS 5.0/Windows
2000,
from a ASP.NET page, using System.DirctoryServices.
I have set the web site security to Windows Integrated and removed the
ananymous access in the IIS 5.0. the i'm using the administrator account to
execute.
When I run this page and execute the code to create user, it throws an
exception:
Source: System.DirectoryServices
Message: Server is unwilling to process the request.
I'm not getting any clue what is the problem

any help?

thanks
Prabu

ADSI + ASP.NET (.NET Framework) System.Directoryservices

Post by David Stuc » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:32:15

You very well may need to include the code that's trying to create a user...

When you call DirectoryEntry.Children.Add() make sure the name has a "cn="
in front otherwise you will get this "Server unwilling" error.

Dave Stucki
Microsoft Developer Support

Of course, this posting wouldnt be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers: This posting is provided AS IS with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

1. ASP.NET - System.DirectoryServices

Hey,

I'm kinda stuck, I'm trying to create an ASP.NET
application using VB that can create and delete users in a
Windows 2000 Active Directory.

I can do it using a WinNT style binding, but I need to use
LDAP, when I try to Import the System.DirectoryServices
Namespace, the app says it can't find it. Here's the line
I use:

And the error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or
type 'DirectoryServices' for the
Imports 'System.DirectoryServices' cannot be found.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks.

2. archiving with gnus

3. Uploading and retrieving picture from AD using C#, ASP .NET and System.DirectoryServices

4. I need to move os2 from c: to d:

5. 'Logon Failure' from ASP.NET app using DirectoryServices against Exchange 5.5 LDAP

6. User-Defined File Types

7. DirectoryServices, ASP.NET, C#

8. synchro with outlook express...

9. Please Help - ASDI + DirectoryServices or OleDB (ASP.NET) - C#

10. ADSI in ASP and ASP.NET problem

11. Why is ADSI so difficult with ASP.NET?

12. Adsi with asp.net

13. use ADSI WinNT in ASP.NET