Script to configure Frontpage Extensions on IIS5?

Script to configure Frontpage Extensions on IIS5?

Post by Brad Kingsle » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:55:41

Does anyone have an ADSI script to configure FP2k extensions on IIS5?

Thanks,

-Brad

1. problem configuring frontpage extensions in metabase with adsi

Hello.
I host several websites on a win2k advanced server.  I am creating an
administration web site with vbscripts to automate a few administrative
tasks.  One of the tasks that I want to automate is the ability to
enable/disable the frontpage server extensions.  I am using adsi to change
the IIS metabase setting.  I can successfully change the setting and then
read it, and it has changed.  When I view the properties of the site through
the MMC, it shows that the fp server extensions are not configured.  I am
wondering if there are additional attributes that need to be configured
other than just the .frontpageweb setting in the metabase.  The following is
the code that I am using which 'works' in that it changes the metabase
setting.  If you know of any other settings that need to be set when using
ADSI to enable/disable the frontpage extensions, I would greatly appreciate
it if you shared with me.  Thank you.
Jim

code in use:

Set w3svc = GetObject("IIS://" & vComp & "/w3svc")

set site = w3svc.GetObject("IIsWebServer", vSite)
site.Stop
' site.FrontPageWeb = true  ' this is another line I was testing with
site.FrontPageWeb = 1
site.setinfo
site.start

2. Sr. Art Director/Graphics guru wants to break into games...

3. IIS5 Scripting question (use local time for log files)

4. MAC SYSOPS-MAC USERS/BECOME EXCLUSIVE EARTHWIDE HUB YOUR AREAIf you are a Mac Sysop or mac user and would like to, BECOME THE EXCLUSIVE EARTHWIDE HUB IN YOUR AREA FOR PROFIT AND FUN,we have (4) four Excellent, low cost, Sysop programs to choose from.

5. Frontpage 98 server extensions on SBS server

6. Best way to get internet on Jornada 525?

7. Frontpage Extensions

8. GSM and G.723 Values

9. Adding Web site & Frontpage Extensions

10. FrontPage Extensions for IIS

11. Problem with: FrontPage Extensions for WSS Forms

12. Cannot run Frontpage server Extensions