ADSI & WinNT HomeDir

Post by William Crite » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I use ADSI and WinNT to create a user. When I assign a value to the
HomeDirectory property.

oUser.HomeDirectory = HomeDir
oUser.SetInfo

How can I assign the drive letter by using ADSI and WinNT.  The User
Manager for Domains automatically assigns the drive letter Z. How can I
change from Z to H by using ADSI?
Crites

ADSI & WinNT HomeDir

Post by an.. » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 05:56:22

oUser.HomeDirDrive = "H:"

> Hi,

> I use ADSI and WinNT to create a user. When I assign a value to the
> HomeDirectory property.

> oUser.HomeDirectory = HomeDir
> oUser.SetInfo

> How can I assign the drive letter by using ADSI and WinNT.  The User
> Manager for Domains automatically assigns the drive letter Z. How can I
> change from Z to H by using ADSI?
> Crites

1. Help: samba 1.9.18p10: do 'nis homedir' / 'homedir map' work?

situation: we've got a rather large network ( ~200 NT-Clients / 8
Samba-servers (Solaris 2.5.1) ) in which we try to use the
unix-homedirectorys as extended storage areas.

As the users-homedirs are spread over the servers and automatically
crossmounted to the other servers, we would like to use the "nis
homedir" feature.

Howerver I'm not shure how to activate this, the man pages seem to be a
litlle sparese on that.

So is there anyone around, who as a working configuration?

How is the feature realized (protocolwise)? Is the connection-request
replaced and answered by the other server, or does the first server
function as request-broker ?

Thanks
        Marc Franzmeier
--
iss innovative software services GmbH

Nobelstr. 15 - 70569 Stuttgart

2. GNU Emacs mode for SPICE?

3. cant get 'nis homedir' and 'homedir map' to work

4. access 2000 wizards don't work

5. Samba 1.9.17alpha1: Query about "homedir map" and "nis homedir".

6. USB development

7. ADSI & WINNT

8. comp.sys.m68k.pc alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt

9. ADSI & NDS it works in W2K but not in WINNT

10. Help please = getObject("WinNT://" & sDomain & "/" & sUser)

11. Samba PDC & WiNNT Clients & SSH

12. VB & ADSI & Authentication

13. additonal programs install in WinNT for adsi?