change ad object

Post by Henry Zhan » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:36:59

I get an smart pointer of  IADsUser through "ADsGetObject(...)"

later on, I want to add an array of string as value to this ADUser.

can i just use "SetInfoEx" and "SetEx"  to set that value?  or I need to
call "ADsOpenObject" instead?

also, I see in some code snip that each read to an AD object involves a
"GetInfoEx" to read it to
the AD cache, and a following "GetEx" to read the value into some variant.
Is that necessary?
(does that mean each "Set" will need a "SetEx" to write to cache, and a
"SetInfoEx" to commit it?

1. Search filter for changed objects in ADS

Hi,

Problem:
USNChanged value for users and groups.
============================

If group a group "Group A" contains 10 users/members
and then I remove one user/member from that group.

Then query for the USNChanged value for the
objectClass=group and objectClass=user objectCategory = organizationalPerson
objectCategory=person.
The LDAP query filter only returns the group.

But inreality the user also has a change in his/her memberof property why is
the user not returns for the query
as a result.
Is it because "memberof" is one of  MS implimentaion rather than LDAP?

YTS

2. Strange behavior Win 95 login to Netware

3. Is there way to change a property from optional to mandatory for and object in AD?

4. Sport of Kings

5. How do you Change the FULLNAME property of an object in AD?

6. Make a call to a driver′s function.

7. Change user object attribute on all users in AD domain

8. Epson 800 postscript

9. C# interop: Change ACE of object in AD

10. Changing "memberOf" attribute of an ADS object

11. Authentication and AD objects.

12. is there a way to count all AD objects very fast?

13. VB.NET: Can't access the properties of multiple AD objects at a time