search return size

Post by Blak » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:26:52

When making an LDAP call using a search, the default return value is 1000
objects.  Where/how can this be increased?

Thanks
Blake

search return size

Post by MVP - ADS » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:15:55

Set the PageSize to a number > 0 and <= 1000 and all results will be
returned as a paged result set.

Joe K.

Quote:> When making an LDAP call using a search, the default return value is 1000
> objects.  Where/how can this be increased?

> Thanks
> Blake

search return size

Post by Blak » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:22:32

What if I want MORE than 1000 returns?

Blake

> Set the PageSize to a number > 0 and <= 1000 and all results will be
> returned as a paged result set.

> Joe K.

> > When making an LDAP call using a search, the default return value is
1000
> > objects.  Where/how can this be increased?

> > Thanks
> > Blake

search return size

Post by MVP - ADS » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:00:13

Enabling paging gives you everything.  That's what I was trying to suggest.

When paging is enabled, the server will send back the result set in pages.
The enumerator you are using on the client side doesn't do anything but keep
enumerating, but all of the results will be returned.  The page size just
tells the server how many results to batch together in a page.  Smaller page
sizes conserve server memory but probably will return slower.

Note that when you enable paging, whatever parameter you specified for the
size limit no longer has any bearing.

HTH,

Joe K.