Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Post by Roman Guadalup » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:58:38

Hi

I am using the GetObject function in a VBScript to create a new user in an
AD with the security context of a domain admin. This works fine from a
domain member server, but what I would like to do is run it from a stand
alone server and run the script with a specified security context ( a
specific user account on the domain ). MSDN specifies that the GetObject
function can "explicitly specify the credentials" but in the examples given
does not cover this method of authentication.

Any Ideas

Thanks

Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Post by Roman Guadalup » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:01:17

Hi

I am using the GetObject function to create a new user in an AD with the
security context of a domain admin. This works fine from a domain member
server, but what I would like to do is run it from a stand alone server and
run the script with a specified security context ( a specific user account
on the domain ). Any ideas MSDN specifies that the GetObject function can
"explicitly specify the credentials" but in the examples given does not
cover this method of authentication.

Any Ideas

Thanks

Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Post by Joe Richards [MVP » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:56:50

What is the error and what line of the script does it occur. I am guessing
it is occurring on the setpassword line?

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net

Quote:> Hi

Post by Roman Guadalup » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:46:03

Hi

I am using the GetObject function to create a new user in an AD with the
security context of a domain admin. This works fine from a domain member
server, but what I would like to do is run it from a stand alone server and
run the script with a specified security context ( a specific user account
on the domain ). Any ideas MSDN specifies that the GetObject function can
"explicitly specify the credentials" but in the examples given does not
cover this method of authentication.

Any Ideas

Thanks

Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Post by MSRe » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:17:05

GetObject function doesn't take explicit credentials. You need to use
OpenDsObject call to do that.

Thanks,
MS Regu.

1. Using Current Security Context in Query

I am running a query using the "ADsDSOObject" Provider. When I provide the
wrong values for connection properties "User ID" and "Password" it generates
a "Permision Denied" error. When I provide the correct username and password
i get results back. However, when I do not set those properties, I get no
error but I also get no results.

I am running the query from an ASP page using Windows Authentication only.
How can I force the connection to pick up the security context from the
authenticated user so it will return results?

2. VIrus Checking?

3. Can't get attribute values using LDAP (using VB) to non-MS LDAP server

4. "Internet Unavailable" message

5. NameTranslate in VB.NET - security context error

6. Spontaneus Frame Resizing - FP2K

7. What if GetObject cannot be used with domain name ?

8. Hi, future CCNP in sydney, please come in

9. bind to AD using getObject

10. calling GetObject using GUID with SiteServer

11. using getobject to refer to local computer

12. How can I getObject based on displayName without using adodb?

13. Adsi - error using getobject(LDAP: etc.)