ADSI question User logged on

Post by Peter V » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
Is it possible to show which user is logged on to a given PC
(I want to check remote on which computers a given user is logged on, by
checking all PC's and look if that user has been logged on to that PC)
I'm using VB6 & ADSI 2.5

Also, how can I set that a user has to change his password at next logon ?

Thanks in advance

Peter

1. Administation question (To log on or not to log on, that is the question:)

This is just out of curiosity (And a total lack of understanding when
dealing with an administrative account on a server).

Obviously I am not required to log onto the server after it boots up for the
server to do its work once its configured.  Now I log on to perform
administrative tasks.  My questions are: Does it free up a license to log
back off when I'm done (Which might cure a small problem I have)?  OR can I
log off?  I've never tried to log off once the server was running.  Is it
generally more accepted to just leave the admin account logged in or do most
IT/IS personnel log back out when their administrative tasks are complete.
Is there a best practice?  Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks to the best news group around.

--
Donald "Doc" Watson
Information Services

2. Wav mono ->stereo?

3. Logging onto a share as a different user than locally logged on user?

4. request for info on COTS packages built using Object technology

5. ADSI execution when no user logged in

6. global password changing

7. Questions about Creating Users with ADSI

8. replacement for insight

9. Keeping a log of when users log in

10. w2k client to samba pdc logs user in but logs them out immedialty

11. User ADSI to create user on remote NT server

12. Managed Users in console shows all users logged on twice

13. Number of logged users vs. number of Exchange users