Hide Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes with ADSI

Post by Rick Collin » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:56:20

Is it possible to flag Exchange mailboxes as hidden with ADSI and LDAP?  In
all of the documentation on MSDN and TechNet,  I see no mention of this
attribute.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks.

Hide Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes with ADSI

Post by Andy Web » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:38:59

Yes, it is.  You can see the full Exchange 5.5 schema (you are asking about
5.5, right?) by running Exchange Admin in raw mode (admin /r).  From there
you can get the Hide from address book attribute particulars.  The
"administrative display name" usually corresponds to the LDAP cn, and the
Heuristics property is also important (this is documented in MSDN).

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> Is it possible to flag Exchange mailboxes as hidden with ADSI and LDAP?
In
> all of the documentation on MSDN and TechNet,  I see no mention of this
> attribute.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks.

Hide Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes with ADSI

Post by Jan Aart » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:00:44

I've troubles doing that, LDAP seems to accept but the mailbox does not
hide...
Any sugestions

> Yes, it is.  You can see the full Exchange 5.5 schema (you are asking
about
> 5.5, right?) by running Exchange Admin in raw mode (admin /r).  From there
> you can get the Hide from address book attribute particulars.  The
> "administrative display name" usually corresponds to the LDAP cn, and the
> Heuristics property is also important (this is documented in MSDN).

> --

> Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
> Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > Is it possible to flag Exchange mailboxes as hidden with ADSI and LDAP?
> In
> > all of the documentation on MSDN and TechNet,  I see no mention of this
> > attribute.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks.

Hide Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes with ADSI

Post by Bob Butle » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 03:09:14

Quote:> I've troubles doing that, LDAP seems to accept but the mailbox does not
> hide...
> Any sugestions

I've done it from VB using:

  Private oLDAP As ActiveDs.IADsOpenDSObject
  Private oMailbox As ActiveDs.IADs
  Set oLDAP = GetObject("LDAP:")
  Set oMailbox = oLDAP.OpenDSObject(LDAP://<server>/cn=<user>,
cn=Recipients, ....",  & _
    "cn=<adminusername>, dc=<admindomain>, cn=admin", AdminPassword, 0)
  oMailbox.Put "Hide-From-Address-Book", True
  oMailbox.SetInfo

1. adsi ldap exchange 5.5 creating mailbox problem

 Hi,

 I'm creating an application that will create an exchange 5.5. mailbox with
 adsi/ldap. The problem I have is to set the NT-Security-Descriptor. The
 problem is that the exchange server is in one domain, but have also
 recipients located in other domains. These domains is connected by a 2-way
 trust. I don't have any problem to connect a mailbox to a user connected in
 the same domain as the exchange server, but if I try to connect a user from
 one of other domains it fails. The mailbox is created but when I try to
 connect to the mailbox with Outlook, I get the message "you do not have
permission to logon"
I have tried the example in the windows SDK and i have tried to use the
AcctMgmt.dll and also the
adssecurity all with the same result. Anyone who have a solution to this
problem.

Andreas

2. CISCO vs Lucent

3. How to Display the Assoc-NT-Account of an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox with ADSI

4. running simulink blocks from a m_file

5. ADSI Exchange 5.5 creating mailbox

6. Reverse-voltage Phone Line Test

7. Setting trust-level on Exchange 5.5 mailbox with ADSI

8. Sinclair Spectrum Club on Yahoo!

9. Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes for use in Exchange 2K

10. Exchange MailBox Problem, SBS4.5, Exchange 5.5 Sp3

11. Exchange 2000 on SBS (Hide mailbox access System mailbox)

12. HELP: Accessing Hidden Exchange (5.5) Entries

13. Accessing Hidden Exchange (5.5) Entries