getting all the entries in outlook address book

getting all the entries in outlook address book

Post by uday bhaska » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:29:12

Can any one help me how i can access an outlook global address book entries
list.
I am using this code which makes use of CDO...but i dont know where i went
wrong the program is throwing an error which looks like this

Error Type:
Collaboration Data Objects (0x43ED)
[Collaboration Data Objects - [E_FAIL(80004005)]]

and here the piece of my code which is throwing error

strProfileName = gstrNONE
strProfilePassword = gstrNONE
bShowDialog = False
bNewSession = True
lngParentWindow = 0
bNoMail = True

    objSession.Logon strProfileName, strProfilePassword, bShowDialog,
bNewSession _ ,
                 lngParentWindow, bNoMail, strProfileInfo
If Err.Number = gerrNone Then

    'Setting address list object

Set al = objSession.GetAddressList(CdoAddressListGAL)
Set objAddrEntries = al.AddressEntries

Thanks in Advance,
 Uday

1. Outlook Address Book-Not showing All Entries.

We have an Outlook Contacts Folder in a Public Folder on Exchange.

All the staff enter their Contacts into it, including email & fax
numbers etc. It works fine except.....

When we use the Fax Client and click on the Address button and choose
the Outlook Address Book, not all the entries appear in the drop down
address list.

I have viewed entries in the Outlook Contacts to make sure they have
been entered correctly, but still some of them do not appear in the drop
down address list. What concerns me is that a large number of entries do
appear correctly, so what are we doing wrong ?

Any ideas ?
Martin Keenes

2. Immediate Need // Business Analyst // MY // 12+months

3. Contact email address gets mangled _OR_ does not appear in global address book

4. ==>>COMPUTER HARDWARE / SOFTWARE <<==

5. Outlook Address book not found - only Global Address list

6. Amiga 2000/040/Toaster/TBC/etc, etc etc $1000 LOOK

7. No FAX ADDRESS in outlook address book

8. HandStamp 2.0 and SMTP

9. Address Book and Outlook 2k vs Outlook XP

10. Disappearing Address Book Entries

11. Multiple entries in Address book

12. takes a while getting info from address book.

13. Importing Outlook Contacts into Exchange Global Address Book