Urgent: Execute ADSI using Stored Proc

Post by Himalay » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:30:11

could you please tell me how to correct the following code?

code as part of a stored proc:
====================

gives error:
=========
Server: Msg 207, Level 16, State 3, Procedure xxxxxxxxxx, Line 15
Invalid column name 'SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(ADSI,''.
Server: Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xxxxxxxxxx, Line 15
Invalid column name '')'.
Server: Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 2

thx

1. Using Stored Proc in BizTalk SQL Server Adapter

I'm using the BizTalk SQL Server Adapter to retrieve data from a
database periodically.  To do this, I set up a job which polls a table
every N number of seconds executing a SQL statement.  I should be able
to use a stored procedure to do this as well, but when I select that
option in the create new job wizard, select my stored procedure, click
the generate button, and then try to click next, I get this error:

Failed to get Schema.  SQL Execute might have returned an error.
Please check that you have a valid connection and valid script.

Using the SELECT statement option, the wizard works fine (takes me to
the next page which generates the schema).  My connection is fine (it
lets you test it in the wizard).  My stored proc is simple and works
fine in Query Analyzer (as well as if I use this exact query in the
SELECT statement option):

CREATE PROCEDURE spRetrieveErrors AS
  select * from tblError For XML Auto
GO

Any ideas?

2. SCSI Question/CD-ROM

3. SQL Server Adapter - Calling a Stored Proc with a Return Value

4. System stanby problems

5. MS HELP Please! Stored Proc call failed...

6. AlphaServer 800 + FibreChannel

7. BizTalk calls a stored proc?

8. Application only runs in WNT40 with SP5

9. InterchangeDTA - dta_purge_old_records Stored Proc

10. Set Exchange User's Information Store Limits by using ADSI 2.5

11. ADSI IIS, Retrieving the details of the user account executing commands

12. ADSI IIS Dialog Execute Permissions

13. Distributing MSDN using installer - program does not execute