ADSI <--> NOVELL <--> VB

Post by Kurt Lefevr » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Could anyone help me with an example?
How can I access Novell with ADSI and VB6.0?

Thanx,

ADSI <--> NOVELL <--> VB

Post by John Abbot » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Note: This only works if you are using the Microsoft Netware Client.
If you are using Client32, it will NOT work.  Both Microsoft and Novell
confirm this on their web site.  If you are running Client32, you can use
the NDK from Novell's Developer web site.  It contains a fairly extensive
set of ActiveX controls for administering NDS.

Sub NDSDredge(BaseOU As String)
    'if you start with a blank ou NDSDredge "", it will go through the whole tree
    Dim OU As IADs, usr As IADsUser

    Set o = GetObject("NDS:")
    Set OU = o.OpenDSObject("NDS://tree/O=organization" &
BaseOU, "username.context", "password", 0)
    On Error Resume Next
    For Each obj In OU
        frmDrDredge.CurrentUserName = obj.Name & "(" & obj.Class & ")"
        'You could export to a file, etc from here
        Select Case obj.Class
        Case "Organizational Unit", "container"
            NDSDredge BaseOU & "/" & obj.Name
        End Select