bind to AD using getObject

Post by Mike Wolf » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:06:22

If I bind from IIS (using anonymous user) to an object on a _different_
machine in the same domain with Active Directory using getObject(), under
what account does this bind occur?  I would think it would be the IUSR_XXX
account from the IIS box, but the active directory seems to refuse this.  Is
there a special permission on the active directory box I need to apply to
allow this to happen?

1. Binding to an AD object using SID

Greetings,

I wish to bind to an AD object using its SID. I have seen a sample in MSDN
which binds using this sytax: LDAP://<SID=xxxx>. My problem is that the SID
I have is in binary form. I tried encoding it using ADsEncodeBinaryData, but
ADSOpenObject does not accept it.

So my question is, how do I convert a binary SID to a textutal
representation that I can use with  LDAP://<SID=xxxx>?

Thanks,

James

2. New! - PocketPC FlashLight? - Freeware at the Free WindowsCE Software WebSite

3. Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

4. CD-R with Netware 4.11

5. can it use getobject() bind with user, password?

6. Newbie with Yamaha PSR-280

7. Using ADS SID of individual users to authenticate ADS users

8. Q: How to put toolbar within MDIFrame ?

9. Binding AD users to Drop down

10. Binding AD only for spesific object attributes returns more than specified......

11. Binding to foreign AD

12. What if GetObject cannot be used with domain name ?

13. Binding to AD needed after Domain login?