LDAP versus WinNT to set userflags.

Post by Davy Vanderheyde » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:01:16

Hi all,

I'm making an application to automate user-creation via an activeXddl.
Everything works fine, I've done everything through LDAP: but when I wanted
to set the userflags (like "store password using reversible encryption") it
seemed that I couldn't use LDAP but I needed WinNT.  I've managed to create
the code so that my userflags are set, but I'ld like to know if there's a
possibility to do this via LDAP or not.  I havn't quit found out the
difference yet between the LDAP and WinNT - provider, maybe there's somebody
who can clarify things for me?

Appreciate any help

Davy Vanderheyden

1. LDAP QueryString against Exchange 5.5 - GC versus LDAP

What kind of changes or upgrades or service packs would cause this problem.

The one line of code that used to work is:
bstrADOQueryString =
"<LDAP://exchangeserver>;(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(uid=KGREER*));
cn,adspath;subtree"

now I have to use the code:
bstrADOQueryString =
"<GC://exchangeserver:389>;(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(uid=KGREER*)
);cn,adspath;subtree"

I did find an article that mentions GC://
This is where I got the idea to test this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q223049

What really is the GC provider? Why would LDAP:// provider stop working?
I am working from the code provided (with no support) in the MS EXCH 5.5
Resource Kit called
Galmod.  I really need to get the LDAP way of doing things working again
According to this link
http://www.link21.co.uk/glossary-active.htm#global
I have less attributes that I can have access to, by using GC.
This does impact the use of this galmod tool.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly Greer

change nospam to yahoo

2. Server script not executed at postback

3. Regarding Windows authentication - LDAP vs. WinNT

4. Submit button to play a midi file?

5. LDAP or WINNT?

6. T.120 protocol problem?

7. Can't .NET do ADSI/LDAP/WinNT with DirectoryServices?

8. How to know which provider to use (LDAP or WinNT)

9. WinNT to LDAP Conversion

10. Authentification now working with WinNT, but how to do the same with LDAP ?

11. Can Connect Using WinNT but not LDAP

12. LDAP vs WinNT