why I always get this error MSG: General access denied error, when I add a user to a group

why I always get this error MSG: General access denied error, when I add a user to a group

Post by Qing Hu » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:32:21

Hi,

Here is my code:

<%
groupname=Request.Form("grouplist")
username=Request.Form("userlist")

Set oDomain=GetObject("WinNT://qing")
Set oGroup=oDomain.GetObject("Group", groupname)
oGroup.Add("WinNT://qing/" & username)
Set oDomain=Nothing
Set oGroup=Nothing
%>

When I accessed this page, I always got an error message:

Error Type:
Active Directory (0x80070005)
General access denied error
/useadsi/addtogroup.asp, line 10

How can I fix that?

Thanks

Qing

why I always get this error MSG: General access denied error, when I add a user to a group

Post by marcu » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:38:32

User account (under which your page is running, IUSR_XXX ) does not have
permissions to perform requested operations.
Try to turn on some kind of authentification on IIS or explicitly specify
binding account.

Quote:> Hi,

> Here is my code:

> <%
> groupname=Request.Form("grouplist")
> username=Request.Form("userlist")

> Set oDomain=GetObject("WinNT://qing")
> Set oGroup=oDomain.GetObject("Group", groupname)
> oGroup.Add("WinNT://qing/" & username)
> Set oDomain=Nothing
> Set oGroup=Nothing
> %>

> When I accessed this page, I always got an error message:

> Error Type:
> Active Directory (0x80070005)
> General access denied error
> /useadsi/addtogroup.asp, line 10

> How can I fix that?

> Thanks

> Qing

1. Create User....Error: "General Access Denied Error"

Hi!
I have a problem....
Whit this code (VB):

     Dim Container As IADsContainer
     Dim NewUser As IADs

     Set Container = GetObject("WinNT://DOMAIN")
     Set NewUser = Container.Create("User", "ACCOUNT")

     NewUser.SetInfo

I can create the account only with the computer where is installed the
project!
If i open the page from another computer, it's make an error: "General
Access Denied Error".
How can i create the user with all the computer of the net???
Thanks much!
MIMMO

2. Is it safe to carry your Vx with the serial exposed

3. Access denied error while attachin documents or add subfolders or Add categories

4. Upside Down Viewing

5. General access denied error

6. Newbie question re: DVIWIN

7. software

8. General Access Denied Error (80070005)

9. NT4 ASP-ADSI "General access denied error"

10. SetInfo on single property of computer objects fails with general access denied error

11. General access denied error