Exchange 5.5 management via ADSI and connector

Exchange 5.5 management via ADSI and connector

Post by Aaron Brow » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 04:19:11

My organization will soon be making a migration from WinNT/Exchange5.5 to
Win2000/Exchange2000.  For a brief time, the domain with all the users will
have migrated into Active Directory, while Exchange is left behind at 5.5.
Then we'll be moving users into Exchange2000 servers over some period of
time.  Meanwhile, all the scripts that we have which create/modify/delete
these mailboxes will need to be able to work with the bizarrely mixed
environment of Windows2000 with Active Directory and Exchange 5.5, with the
connector.

My question is this:  Can I, using ADSI (preferably via the LDAP interface),
create and delete an Exchange 5.5 mailbox?

I know that installation of the connector gives extra functionality to the
AD Users and Computers GUI, with the ability to add and remove mailboxes
without even opening Exchange Admin.  Can this functionality be accessed in
ADSI?  All the docs I can find either use dll's written for a WinNT
environment with Exchange 5.5, or they discuss how to manage Exchange2000
mailboxes in an Active Directory environment.  I just can't seem to find how
to do what I want through the connector.  Is it possible?  Are there any
sample scripts I can see?  I'm writing all my management scripts in
ActiveState Perl, but given the VB code I can translate to Perl easily
enough.

Thanks,
 - Aaron

--
Aaron Brown
University of Kansas

1. How to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to SBS 4.5 Exchange 5.5 SP2?

We are going to retire an old server which has Exchange 5.5 installed,
migrating to SBS 4.5, with Exchange 5.5 SP2. How do we do this with all info
intact? The SBS documentation (what documentation?) doesn't really cover
this.

The 2 servers are on a different domain, coz the existing domain has "-" in
the name, which is not acceptable by SBS, so we had to create a new domain.
So we can't do the "join Exchange service" option. Thanks in advance.

2. Price and hardware

3. Remote Management For Exchange 5.5

4. config.sys

5. Exchange Server 5.5 Remote Management

6. ODBC

7. SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5 & Pop3 connector routing issue

8. Which product can check out common files (not within the project sub-tree) from within MS VC IDE?

9. Exchange 5.5 server to Pop3 connector problems

10. Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector

11. Exchange Sevrer 5.5 POP3 Connector/IMC Config?

12. Exchange 5.5 on SBS with POP3 Connector cannot download mail from ISP...

13. POP3 connector for Exchange 5.5