GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

Post by Hallvard Korsgaar » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:09:03

I have a domain controller and a webserver. Then following code is located
at the webserver in an ASP page. If I log on locally on the webserver, the
code runs fine. If I access the webpage from any other computer the last
statement fails with errorcode: 80005000

The domain is Win 2000 native mode.

What is wrong? Any security or policy settings that needs to be changed?

<%
Dim oSysInfo
Dim oUser
Dim adsiPath

Response.Buffer = false
Set oSysInfo = Server.CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
adsiPath = CStr("LDAP://" & oSysInfo.UserName)
Response.Write(adsiPath & "<br>")
Set oUser = GetObject(adsiPath)
%>

GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

Post by David Stucki [M » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 04:57:09

What authentication is being used?  If it is Integrated Windows make sure
the Web Server is "Trusted for Delegation".  You can set this value on the
server's property page in Active Directory Users and Computers.

Dave Stucki
Microsoft Developer Support

--------------------

GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

Post by Hallvard Korsgaar » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:08:17

Integrated Windows authentication is being used, and the Web Server is
"Trusted for Delegation".  I still doesn't work.

SharePoint Portal Server is installed on the Web Server. Does that have
anything to do with it?

--
Hallvard Korsgaard

Quote:> What authentication is being used?  If it is Integrated Windows make sure
> the Web Server is "Trusted for Delegation".  You can set this value on the
> server's property page in Active Directory Users and Computers.

> Dave Stucki
> Microsoft Developer Support

rights.
> --------------------

GetObject fails when accessig webpage from remote computer

Post by Randy Hinder » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 01:28:09

Try setting NTFS permissions on that ASP page to only allow Admin Full
control.  Then unsure you are logging in with an Admin account with Log On
Locally (and User must change password at next log in unchecked).

HTH

Randy
www.adsi4nt.com

Post by Jimmy Mart » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 22:23:46

> > > What authentication is being used?  If it is Integrated Windows make
>  sure
> > > the Web Server is "Trusted for Delegation".  You can set this value on
>  the
> > > server's property page in Active Directory Users and Computers.

> > > Dave Stucki
> > > Microsoft Developer Support

>  rights.
> > > --------------------

I found that I had to create an IWAM and IUSER account in the domain
AND enable the web server(s) for Trusted Delegation to get it to work.

Funny thing is before enabling the Trusted for Delegation option I
could get it to work via WSH script, but the ASP page failed with the
80005000 error code.  Once I enabled the Trusted for Delegation option
for the web server(s) in Active Directory, the LDAP query started
working.

1. using getobject to refer to local computer

Hi.

Is there a convenient way to have GetObject() refer to the local
computer when getting objects from the WinNT provider?

In other words, if want to do this:

     user = GetObject("WinNT://ThisComputer/SomeUser")

Is there a way to leave out the reference to "ThisComputer" and have
GetObject understand to retrieve the user from the local account
database?  A la...

Thanks,
John

2. Installation Flight Simulator 98

3. GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

4. Problem with using Samba to authenticate W95 logins

5. unstable LDAP. GetObject() intermittently fails

6. Odd One, Cisco 2950 switches and 2621 router

7. GetObject (WinNT://Mydomain/MyGroup) failed !!

8. Help! Problems with PGX+ card under Solaris 7

9. getobject failed after applying SRP

10. ADSI - GetObject Fails

11. why does remote access dial-OUT constantly fail when remote access dial-in is enabled

12. Remote Control run from remote console fails...

13. setup computer wizzard failing