1. 3rd party client/server package running on SBS server
Running SBS V4.5 on HP E40 server with 128MB RAM - Pentium Pro 200 CPU from
memory. 2 SCSI drives C for system and D for data
The above is obviously not the most prowerful server these days but has been
adequete for all things being done over the past few years. We are not heavy
A 3rd party, client/server package was recently installed, requiring a
program to run continually on the server.
We have noticed performance to generally decline when this new program is
running on the server.
Appreciate any comments suggestions as how to improve performance,
1. is this a common occurrence with programs running on the server ? Any
other experiences ?
2. more RAM the answer ?
3. we use SBS fairly simply - file/print sharing, internet access, email.
Can some SBS serveices be disabled to assist in RAM usage ? Such services as
WWW publishing service, MSSQL services, others ?
4. what is the best setting for My Computer/Performance/Application
Performance in this situation
5. we have 2 drives ( C - system, D- data ). What is the best mix of drives
for the pagefile, this new system, etc ?
6. any other tweaking worthwhile in this situation or best not to play with
2. -- ISA slots for Amiga --
3. Access violation configuring 3rd party email
4. "Fun" installing PsiWin 2.1
5. installation problem with 3rd party software
6. Interest in hard drive parts or dat tape drive parts?
7. Sms 2.0 and 3rd party DHCP server question
8. De-Compilers of the world
9. SMS 2.0 and 3rd party DHCP servers
10. Added structure for 3rd party programs
11. Junk Email - 3rd party filtering software for SBS4.5/Exch5.5?
12. SBS & 3rd Party Software