Filters

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 02:17:56

Gidday,

Where can I find info on building filter query strings... I'm not sure how
to do and/or operations or how flexible the syntax is.

Also, anyone seen any good books that focus only on the DirectoryServices
namespace? Preferably VB.Net otherwise C#....?

Cheers

Filters

Post by MVP - ADS » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:56:22

I'd suggest reading the whole part of the tree here, but this link shows
most of the fancy stuff:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...

The root is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...

I've heard of someone mentioning a book, but I haven't seen any yet.  I got
most of my info from reading the docs and participating in this group.
Searching the docs isn't too effective (unless you use Google), but tree
view has been pretty helpful for me.

Joe K.

Quote:> Gidday,

> Where can I find info on building filter query strings... I'm not sure how
> to do and/or operations or how flexible the syntax is.

> Also, anyone seen any good books that focus only on the DirectoryServices
> namespace? Preferably VB.Net otherwise C#....?

> Cheers

Filters

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:10:30

Hi Joe,

Thanks, that's what I was after... very hard to find stuff on MSDN these
days... and Google didn't help much either...

Cheers

Quote:> I'd suggest reading the whole part of the tree here, but this link shows
> most of the fancy stuff:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...
Quote:

> The root is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...

> I've heard of someone mentioning a book, but I haven't seen any yet.  I
got
> most of my info from reading the docs and participating in this group.
> Searching the docs isn't too effective (unless you use Google), but tree
> view has been pretty helpful for me.

> Joe K.

> > Gidday,

> > Where can I find info on building filter query strings... I'm not sure
how
> > to do and/or operations or how flexible the syntax is.

> > Also, anyone seen any good books that focus only on the
DirectoryServices
> > namespace? Preferably VB.Net otherwise C#....?

> > Cheers

1. Filtering spam - need to filter IP address range, if possible.

when I say similar I am referring to the fact that the "mail26" changes all
the time, i.e. "mail23", "mail24" ,"mail25" etc. So the standard Exchange
filtering system is not much good.

Here are the Ip addresses of the senders in the email headers: (BTW, I am
using the pop3 connector to pick up mail.)

209.236.32.27
209.236.32.13
209.236.32.17
209.236.32.20

So how do I block these emails? I am guessing a packet filter will not work
because I pick the email up from my ISP and not directly from where it was
sent i.e. 209.236.32.x

Any help appreciated

Paul

2. Help on variable binding

3. Spam filter/Open Relay filter for exchange 2k

4. Audio detection

5. Proxy Packet Filters versus Router Packet Filters

6. X-10 4 Way wall switch?

7. SMTP Filter

8. FS: Remote Control for Robie Sr. / Omnibot Robots on Ebay

9. exchange 2003 intelligent mail filter

10. <<SBS news of the week is hitting some spam filter>>

11. MS Proxy - DNS Lookup Packet Filter Exception

12. Email software filtering out viruses on server?

13. Exchange 2003 filtering too much