ADU&C Security setting and Object attributes

ADU&C Security setting and Object attributes

Post by Laurent Chass » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:09:35

Writting an application for resetting password. I have to find the
minimal security setting which would allow to modify  password,
passwordlastset and isaccountlocked.
I found by chance that 'password reset' and 'account modification' do
the job but I would like to have litterature on how to relate ADU&C
setting and an object attributes. Is there any dictionary available on
this.

Thanks

Laurent

ADU&C Security setting and Object attributes

Post by David Stuc » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 04:19:46

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...
appings_for_the_active_directory_users_and_computers_snap-in.asp

Is this what you're looking for?

Dave Stucki
Microsoft Developer Support

reserved.

ADU&C Security setting and Object attributes

Post by Laurent Chass » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:27:44

Dear Dave,
Thanks for your reference it is almost what I need but once you have
the ADU&C for a user if you go to the security setting for the object
you can apply rights to protect this object. I would like to know
which attributes(user attributes in this case) are allowed/protected
by a given set of rights.
Thanks for your help

Laurent

1. Setting Attributes for Admin Objects

Hello,

Is it possible to change attributes (SET as opposed to GET)
in objects I get back with GetPropertyAttribObj?

It's easy to change the attribute using
obj.Attribute = False, but this change does
not seem to get committed to the underlying IIS metabase
(there is no obj.SetInfo method for this object).

Thanks for any help,
Kwailo

2. After CSD, display does not work anymore

3. Setting "memberOf" attribute of the User Object with LDAP

4. Genealogy

5. Setting Attributes on Virtual Directory ADSI Object

6. How about making the Win API available on the WWW?

7. Setting AD Objects Security Properties

8. Duping hybrid CD's

9. security settings for folders & files

10. Add new attributes to existing Hardware Inventory objects

11. Binding AD only for spesific object attributes returns more than specified......

12. get GUID for object attribute/property

13. Help With User Object - Getting Attributes