1. Problem in getting Domain Name from the Active Directory using LDAP Query
I wanted to get the domain name from Active Directory
When i login to my windows i get to see my domain as "lotus"
but iam not able to get the domain name through LDAP query
I use the following query
strADOQuery = "select samaccountname,distinguishedName,cn from " & _
"'LDAP://DC=direct,DC=com' " & _
"where objectCategory='Person' AND objectClass='user' and
( givenname = '*anil*' or sn = '*anil*' or samaccountname = '*anil*' ) "
oCmd.CommandText = strADOQuery
Set oRecordSet = oCmd.Execute
when i loop through the recordset i get the following result
cn : Anil Kumar
distinguishedName : CN=Anil Kumar,CN=Users,DC=direct,DC=com
samaccountname : anil
I would also like to get the domain name "lotus" in the results
Note: When i click on the properties of user in active directory, under the
Account tab i get to see in
User logon name (Pre-windows2000) the domain name as "lotus\"
Please tell me how to get this, am i missing any attribute which is required
to get the result or whether there is some problem with my query.
2. soapsuds.exe generated code and "Invalid Return Type" Exception
3. Getting User Information from Active Directory via ASP/LDAP Provider
4. Procmail manual?
5. LDAP/Active Directory code example of:Getting/Setting domain password, Getting email groups, and Getting email group members
6. Ideas for a scrambling system...
7. Add user to group in Active Directory by using asp pages
8. create group in active directory by using asp on the web
9. Getting Nested Group Names of a member in LDAP
10. Retrieving all the members of an Active Directory security group (including NESTED)
11. LDAP/ADO execute query gets 80004005 from ASP, works from VB and VBS