Cannot change Exchange 2000 mailbox rights

Cannot change Exchange 2000 mailbox rights

Post by Vasil » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:18:11

I need to programmatically change the mailbox rights in Exchange 2000.

I tried the following things:
1) I modified msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute in AD
2) I modified security descriptor
of "file://./backofficestorage/<domain_name>/mbx/<mailbox_name>"
3) I modified security descriptor of m:\<domain_name>\mbx\<mailbox_name>

All these methods changes these security descriptors, but when I go to
user properties dialog in "Active Directory Users and Computers",
click "Exchange Advanced" tab and then "Mailbox Rights" button, I see
no changes!

However, when I made changes using this dialog, the
msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute is changed accordingly!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Exchange 2000 on SBS (Hide mailbox access System mailbox)

I have just installed W2K SBS SP1
including exchange 2000 SP3

I have a couple of questions regarding exchange.

1) How do I hide a mailbox from the global address list.
I have set up some contacts (External recipients in exch
5.5) where some people are having email forwarded to. I do
not want the contacts to appear in the address book.

2) How do i get to view the system mailbox and get any
mail that is currently being sent there diverted to
another mailbox.

ie any miss-addressed mail I presume is being sent there
but I can not access or see it at the moment.

This is my first install of SBS 2000

Thanks for any help.

Kevan Dickinson

Kev

2. howto log authentication violations to an external syslog server?

3. Cannot connect to Exchange 2000 via Outlook 2000

4. The EFF Deserves Our *THANKS*!

5. Win 98 with Outlook 2000 cannot connect to Exchange 2000 on W2K/SBS2000

6. MAJOR MEM LEAK!!!!

7. URGENT: Client cannot connect to mailbox after upgrade to 2000

8. FS: BitSurfr Pro External -- best offer

9. How do you change user rights in Windows 2000

10. Please tell me the mailbox rights for Exchange security descriptor

11. cannot create exchange mailbox

12. cannot mail to pop3 account of user who does not have an exchange mailbox

13. Cannot open Exchange mailbox from Windows 95 and 98