Active Directory Schema

Post by Jeffrey Cumps » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:36:31

Where can I get a listing of available properties for Active Directory entries.

I am trying to find the GUID and Manager for a User.

Is there a schema available somewhere?

Thanks
Jeff Cumpsty

Active Directory Schema

Post by Salim Afsa » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:30:12

You can use AD Schema MMC.
First run this :
regsvr32.exe schmmgmt.dll
and then type
mmc.exe
From Console menu Add/Remove Snap-in
Click Add
Select Active Directory Schema
and save the mmc to a file

Salim

Quote:> Where can I get a listing of available properties for Active Directory
entries.

> I am trying to find the GUID and Manager for a User.

> Is there a schema available somewhere?

> Thanks
> Jeff Cumpsty

Active Directory Schema

Post by peta » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:13:20

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adsc...

specifically
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adsc...

regards
petal

Quote:> Where can I get a listing of available properties for Active Directory
entries.

> I am trying to find the GUID and Manager for a User.

> Is there a schema available somewhere?

> Thanks
> Jeff Cumpsty

1. Exchange Active Directory Schema Extentions

Hello,

I have sbs2000 and trying to install exchange server (control
panel->add remove programs->exchange->install)

I get the following error....
Active Directory Configuration: The application failed to install
properly.
Nothing else appears in any of the event logs (unless there is
somewhere else to look).

There are no messages regarding AD being inaccessible (as normally
seems to be the case).

I beleive exchange has been installed previously (when sbs originally
set up) and then uninstalled.

IIS is still installed. Should i try to uninstall this?

If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Stephen

2. NY Post Warns: Prepare For Seven Days No Heat or Refrigeration

3. Active Directory Schema Specification

4. Pacifist rom file - anyone?

5. Extending Active Directory Schema

6. Getting NO CARRIER after modem negotiation.

7. Active Directory Schema (attributes)

8. Favor -- trace output viewer

9. Install Java schema to Active Directory using JNDI ?

10. Active Directory Standard Scheme as Schema

11. Connecting to Active Directory thru Active Server pages

12. SBS2K, Active Directory, User Directories

13. Minimum credentials required to Accedd the Active Directory directory store and SAM store