Registry key info

Post by Dary » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:15:35

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any way to take a HKEY and get
back the path in the registry. For example, if I had a HKEY
that pointed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software would I be able
to tell it pointed there by examining something from the
HKEY object??

Thanks in advance

1. DHCP Registry Key ?

I am getting the following message in Event viewer:

"The DHCP server encountered the following error when cleaning up the user
database:
The system cannot find the file specified.  "

This is an Event ID 1010, which I believe means DHCP is looking foe a file
it cannot find - how can I find out what file DHCP is looking for (is it
looking for DHCP.MDB) ?  I suspect I need to change that path in some
registry key ?

On my SBS server I can see the following folders:

WInnt.sbs
    System32
        Dhcp (folder)
            (here there is a DHCP.MDB)
            Backup (folder)
                Jet (folder)
                    New (folder)
                        (here there is another DHCP.MDB)

Is my system confused because of the 2 copies of DHCP.MDB ?

Thanks for any help...

Eric.

2. Moving

3. Perflib\009 performance keys missing from registry

4. SMB FAQ & Docs

5. could not open the registry key for adapter TCPIP\Parameters\Adapters\NDISWANIP

6. 1541 for Xerox 820 II

7. How to query for a Registry key with SMS??

8. WTB: VMEbus memory boards, other stuff for 4/260

9. Can't delete registry key.

10. SMS registry key

11. NAL Registry Key

12. Appending data to a registry key