Serverless binding

Post by Sidney Zhan » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:55:07

Hi:
We want to user serverless binding, as followings.

 hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://rootDSE", IID_IADs, (void**)&pRootDSE);

on the AD server, this line works well. but if on a member server, this line
return ADsGetObject failed: 0x8007054b
which is Domian not found.
I've already add the member server to the domain, Who can tell me why? What
should I do to prevent this?
Thanks
Sidney

1. How to make a serverless bind to LDAP

Hi,
 I'm using my LDAP server to do one level of validation
for users using directory services in .NET.
 My conectionstring is something like this.

DirectoryEntry adsUsers = new DirectoryEntry
("LDAP://myserver",strUserName,strPassword);

  In the above connection string, the server name is
harcoded. I want to make a server-less bind to LDAP. But I
get some problems when I make a server-less bind using
something like "LDAP://dc=fa,dc=com" where 'fa' is my
domain name.The connection succeeds only on multiple
attempts and it's really inconsistent.
 I need a way where I can make a serverless bind which is
reliable and consistent.
 Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Regards
Phanidhar

2. Swapping boot disk from Promise ATA/100 to Standard IDE controller

3. Bindings & Remote Access WAN Wrapper

4. Yourdon slimes away

5. Binding order in NT40

6. Need power spec for SGI dialbox.

7. Yellow Icon in Control Panel / Bindings ?

8. SBS200 static IP address won't bind to NIC

9. Protocol Bindings

10. Exchange and all e-mail bound for 1 domain to go to 1 mailbox

11. binding order problem

12. Protocol Bindings