Getting DN for a computer object in W2K AD

Getting DN for a computer object in W2K AD

Post by Howard A. Bulloc » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 12:45:40

I want to obtain the hierarchial OU structure in which a computer resides.
Am I correct in that  the DN of the computer object could be obtained and
parsed to yield the OU structure? How does one return the DN for a computer
with only the computer and domain?

1. Translating SID of an AD object to DN

Hi all ,
I have to get a distinguishedName of an AD  object using its SID.
I tried to bind to the object using the path :  "LDAP://<SID=Textual
Sid>",
but the binding failed with error code 80072037 (which means there was a
naming violaton).
I guess the reason for the failure was using textual SID.
Does anybody know how to bind to an object using it's SID,or another way
to get
the DN of an object using its SID ?
Thanks.

2. format.dat for Conner CFA540S

3. Getting distinguished name of a computer object (not the local computer)

4. March 20 - Granite Canyon DNS Down Again

5. Urgent: Getting AD objects by GUID in .NET

6. Codewarrior 7.1 RC File Build Error: "Out of memory"

7. Rename computer object in AD

8. harddisk driver

9. How to delete computer object from AD using VB and ADSI

10. getting attributes of computer object

11. OT: Getting a printer out of a computer when it gets messed up during install

12. How to get the current computer's DN in an Active Directory?

13. ADSI - Re-adding computer into AD while keeping computer contianer and property info :x595