"Class not registered" error when querying Exchange 5.5 Directory

"Class not registered" error when querying Exchange 5.5 Directory

Post by Mattias Nyhol » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to query the Exchange directory in order to get the DSN of a
mailbox. The following code
works on Windows 2000 Pro SP1, but when I try to run it on a NT4 box with
SP6 and the latest
ADSI, MDAC and WSH installed I get a "-2147221164 Class not registered"
error.

I have tried to run this on two different NT boxes, both returning the same
error. The error occurs
when trying to execute the query, but it doesn't say which class is
missing.. Anyone have any ideas
on this?

Thanks,

Mattias

 strUserid = "foobar"
 Set connExch = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 connExch.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"
 connExch.Open "ADs Provider"
 vSQL = "SELECT distinguishedName FROM 'LDAP://exchangeserver' WHERE uid='"&
strUserid & "'"
 Set rsExch = connExch.Execute(vSQL)

1. "Class not registered" when querying Exchange directory

Hi,

I'm trying to query the Exchange directory in order to
get the DSN of a mailbox. The following code works
on Windows 2000 Pro SP1, but when I try to run it
on a NT4 box withSP6 and the latest ADSI, MDAC
and WSH installed I get a "-2147221164 Class not
registered" error.

I have tried to run this on two different NT boxes, both
returning the same error. The error occurs when trying to
execute the query, but it doesn't say which class is missing..

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Mattias

Here's the code:

 strUserid = "foobar"
 Set connExch = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 connExch.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"
 connExch.Open "ADs Provider"
 vSQL = "SELECT distinguishedName FROM 'LDAP://exchangeserver' WHERE uid='"&
strUserid & "'"
 Set rsExch = connExch.Execute(vSQL)

2. Subject: AIX kerberos netjoin: liblber.a and libldap.a missin g

3. error 0x80040154: "Class not registered"

4. Trigger programs

5. "Class not registered" error : impossible to save a channel

6. ANN: Linux-Mobile-Guide v3.7

7. PC in "All Systems" query, but not in "All Systems" collection!

8. ODBC RESOURCE DLL.

9. SBS 4.5 Exchange 5.5 - Extension "SMTP" could not be loaded

10. !!!! EXCHANGE-SERVER 5.5: 'Extension "SMTP" could not be loaded' !!!

11. Problems with special characters like ("?","ΓΌ","?","?",aso.)

12. I keep getting "badraws" in the "\site.srv\inventry.box\badraws\" directory

13. Samba 1.9.17alpha1: Query about "homedir map" and "nis homedir".