search using adodb

Post by Pravin Josh » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 01:34:34

I have following configuration:

1. test3: is sunos machine on which OpenLDAP Directory Server resides
2. test2: machine on which registered domain points
3. mydomain.com: domain name

So my uri is 'test3.test2.mydomain.com'.

I have to find the adsPath for user 'pjoshi' having password 'pjoshi'. The
user pjoshi can reside anywhere in the tree for e.g.
'uid=pjoshi,ou=people,dc=test3,dc=test2,dc=mydomain,dc=com'. User will not
provide the DN but will provide only userid and password. the application
has to find the DN using secured connection and sha-1 encryption.

Please guide the steps to achieve it. Thanks.

Note: I have tried similar thing using ads objects, it failed when I tried
using SSL (port 636). It works on port 389.

Thanks & Regards,
Pravin Joshi

1. LDAP Search using ADSI and VBScript -> ADODB Error

Hello everybody,

I've got the following Problem:
I wrote a User Loginscript with vbs. In this Script I use
an ADODB Connection Object so I can search the AD for the
Users own User Object.

Sourcecode:

Set Connection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Connection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject"
Connection.Open "Active Directory Provider"
Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

When I run this script on some Clients I get error number
800a0007 out of memory in the las line (Set
rs=CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset"). On other Clients the
script runs without Problems.....

All Information I get in Technet and the Internet are
concerned with ASP Programming.

Has anyone seen this problem before? And more important..
how can I solve this problem?

Thanx in advance..
Jack

2. MemNet thesis available at met.super.org

3. Searching Ex55 Directory with ADSI & ADODB

4. INFO: A guide to the Windows newsgroups [FAQ]

5. Once again User Inits....this time using ADODB

6. Low level format of SCSI disk, so VMS can read it.

7. How can I getObject based on displayName without using adodb?

8. Strongly Typed Dataset

9. ADODB.RecordSet

10. Error 80040e1d with ASP ADODB PKMCDO

11. Check for dupplicate E-Mai Address with ADODB

12. ActiveX-Component can't build object: 'ADODB.Command'

13. ODBC for the ADODB (aka: ADsDSOObject) providor?