Looking for Resource listing valid values for all ADSI Properties

Looking for Resource listing valid values for all ADSI Properties

Post by Will » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:24:34

Does anyone know of a resource that contains a list of
valid values for all ADSI properties?  Confused?

For instance, when creating a computer object in AD, the
userAccountControl property can be set.  Using bitwise OR,
the account type, enable/disable account, and password
required flag can be set.

How do you know what the possible values can be on
properties like this that have a finite number of possible
values?  I understand that properties using
DirectoryString syntax can have any valid string but what
about properties using Integer syntax?  Thanks.

Looking for Resource listing valid values for all ADSI Properties

Post by Tony Morri » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:20:57

Try downloading the Platform SDK from the MSDN web site at Microsoft.
It has a lot of information about AD, ADSI,and VBSCRIPT