Newbie Help ADSL

Post by Z GIR » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:18:38

Hi

I've got a client who had a developer make a mountain out of a mole hill
when it came to development of a intranet application.  I've gotta
duplicate the application on my W2K server.

I have a standalone W2K server.  Their are ADSI settings for what looks
like login credentials.  I guess they wanted to use that instead of a
standard
web login page.  Anyways.  I've never dealt with ADSI.

On a standalone W2K server, with standard installation, whats the
easiest way to get ADSI enabled.

Their are two configuration settings I need to set in the application itself
(ADSI_Domain
and ADSI_Provider).

Looks like ADSI_Domain variable refers to a Domain Controller server
and my server is a standalone and is not a Domain Controller.
The other variable is ADSI_Provider.
Their using WinNT:// as a value which tells me their not using LDAP.
Which is good or not good.  I'm not sure because I'm a web developer
not a networking expert.

Any thoughts on ADSI setup and what values I should put for the DOMAIN
and Provider values would be greatly appreciated for this WorkGroup setup
W2K standalone
server.

Regards,

Jim

Newbie Help ADSL

Post by Bob » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:25:26

Hello girl named Jim.... ?

Anyway, you can replace the domain with your workgroup
name... so your call should look something like:

GetObject("WinNT://" & <DOMAIN OR WORKGROUP NAME HERE>
& "/" & <COMPUTER NAME HERE> & ",computer")

Note the "computer" bit specifies what type of objects to
search... and of course the WinNT:// bit is the provider...

If your code already uses WinNT then leave that part and
just change the domain to your workgroup name and the
computer name to whatever the new server is called...

Without seeing some code or having more info I can't tell
you if this is all you need to do...

Cheers

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

>I've got a client who had a developer make a mountain out
of a mole hill
>when it came to development of a intranet application.
I've gotta
>duplicate the application on my W2K server.

>I have a standalone W2K server.  Their are ADSI settings
for what looks
>like login credentials.  I guess they wanted to use that
instead of a
>standard
>web login page.  Anyways.  I've never dealt with ADSI.

>On a standalone W2K server, with standard installation,
whats the
>easiest way to get ADSI enabled.

>Their are two configuration settings I need to set in the
application itself
>(ADSI_Domain
>and ADSI_Provider).

>Looks like ADSI_Domain variable refers to a Domain
Controller server
>and my server is a standalone and is not a Domain
Controller.
>The other variable is ADSI_Provider.
>Their using WinNT:// as a value which tells me their not
using LDAP.
>Which is good or not good.  I'm not sure because I'm a
web developer
>not a networking expert.

>Any thoughts on ADSI setup and what values I should put
for the DOMAIN
>and Provider values would be greatly appreciated for this
WorkGroup setup
>W2K standalone
>server.

>Regards,

>Jim

>.

Newbie Help ADSL

Post by Z GIR » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:55:09

Thanks Bob,

I work from home, and my wife reads/posts to cooking newsgroups.
I hardly ever use newsgroups, so I suffer with the Z_Girl thing.
I'm not sure what Z_Girl means.  Of course my wife like most wives
can be mysterious.

Thanks again

Jim

Quote:> Hello girl named Jim.... ?

> Anyway, you can replace the domain with your workgroup
> name... so your call should look something like:

> GetObject("WinNT://" & <DOMAIN OR WORKGROUP NAME HERE>
> & "/" & <COMPUTER NAME HERE> & ",computer")

> Note the "computer" bit specifies what type of objects to
> search... and of course the WinNT:// bit is the provider...

> If your code already uses WinNT then leave that part and
> just change the domain to your workgroup name and the
> computer name to whatever the new server is called...

> Without seeing some code or having more info I can't tell
> you if this is all you need to do...

> Cheers

Newbie Help ADSL

Post by Bob » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:07:33

Ok, I'll take your word for it... could have nightmares otherwise....!

Cheers

> Thanks Bob,

> I work from home, and my wife reads/posts to cooking newsgroups.
> I hardly ever use newsgroups, so I suffer with the Z_Girl thing.
> I'm not sure what Z_Girl means.  Of course my wife like most wives
> can be mysterious.

> Thanks again

> Jim

> > Hello girl named Jim.... ?

> > Anyway, you can replace the domain with your workgroup
> > name... so your call should look something like:

> > GetObject("WinNT://" & <DOMAIN OR WORKGROUP NAME HERE>
> > & "/" & <COMPUTER NAME HERE> & ",computer")

> > Note the "computer" bit specifies what type of objects to
> > search... and of course the WinNT:// bit is the provider...

> > If your code already uses WinNT then leave that part and
> > just change the domain to your workgroup name and the
> > computer name to whatever the new server is called...

> > Without seeing some code or having more info I can't tell
> > you if this is all you need to do...

> > Cheers

1. Newbie Question on ADSL

Hi all,

I have been looking through the postings on this newsgroup and am a
little confused.

I have an SBS2k box (the only server) with 2 NICs (1 internal + 1 soon
to be external). The internal NIC has an address of 192.168.16.2 - the
default when I set up SBS2k.

I have ordered an ADSL connection via Clara (Solo) which comes with
the USB modem. I may purchase a Vigor Draktek USB router, although I
intend to set up a PC to act as a router (needless to say I'm trying
to save money but am spending extra time on this)

The ADSL conenction has not yet been installed but I would like to
have a clear picture in my head of what's going on. This is what I
propose to do:

NIC1(LAN) 10.168.16.2
NIC2(router) IP = 192.168.16.1
router IP = 192.168.16.2
Steps:

1) change the IP address on NIC1 (will this create loads of problems -
I have three client machines and a printer set up as a test bed - or
is it even necessary?)
2) enable NIC2

3) Connect NIC2 to the router with a cross over cable
4) Run ICW with the info above and the account info (yet to be
received)

and hey presto I have an internet connection! Subject of course to the
router being configured!! I am looking to use either Linux or a
windows box with WinRoute installed...

Cheers
Jo.

2. HELP with NDIS !!!!! ( please )

3. Broadband VPN problem - ADSL & Cable clients unable to connect correctly to ADSL equipped server

4. TAPI SAPI

5. SBS 4.5 - Migration from Dial-up to ADSL via Router Help Request

6. Stripping blanks from line end?

7. ADSL router help?

8. arrow direction in sorted column?

9. help advice on changing over to ADSL

10. HELP - ADSL Router problems

11. Help - use both ADSL and modem under ISA?

12. For anyone with experience in Firewalls and ADSL Modems - urgent help needed!!!

13. HELP!!!! ADSL!!