calling GetObject using GUID with SiteServer

calling GetObject using GUID with SiteServer

Post by Michael Shut » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 00:28:18

I cannot seem to retrieve ADSI objects from Site Server's LDAP provider
using an object's GUID.  For example, the following code returns error
#0x80072037 -> "A naming violation occurred" when the second call to
GetObject is made.  Can anyone see a problem with my syntax?

Dim oUser
Dim sUserGuid

' get the guid of the test user
Set oUser =
GetObject("LDAP://devserver:1003/o=Mortgages/ou=Members/cn=User1")
sUserGuid = oUser.Get("GUID")
Set oUser = Nothing

' attempt to retrieve the user object using it's guid value
Set oUser = GetObject("LDAP://devserver:1003/<GUID=" & sUserGuid & ">")

1. Using VB GetObject using a specified security context?

Hi

I am using the GetObject function in a VBScript to create a new user in an
AD with the security context of a domain admin. This works fine from a
domain member server, but what I would like to do is run it from a stand
alone server and run the script with a specified security context ( a
specific user account on the domain ). MSDN specifies that the GetObject
function can "explicitly specify the credentials" but in the examples given
does not cover this method of authentication.

Any Ideas

Thanks

2. serial numbers

3. How can I extract the GUID for "\Everyone" using VB code?

4. Y2K Package recommendations

5. What if GetObject cannot be used with domain name ?

6. Commodore 1950 monitor FS

7. bind to AD using getObject

8. EPOC & OBEX

9. using getobject to refer to local computer

10. LDAP access to AD - using GUID

11. How can I getObject based on displayName without using adodb?

12. Adsi - error using getobject(LDAP: etc.)

13. adsi - error using getobject (ldap:...)