ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Justin Emla » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:55:41

So I've finaly created my .EXE which will add an email address to the turff
list.  It runs fine on my machine of course but will not run on any other
machine.  I get this error:

File name or class name not found during Automation operation

I've installed the ADSI 2.5 for Win98 and I still get the error.  What am I
missing?  Some sort of run-time?

Thanks,
Justin

ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Torgeir Bakke » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:01:48

> So I've finaly created my .EXE which will add an email address to the turff
> list.  It runs fine on my machine of course but will not run on any other
> machine.  I get this error:

> File name or class name not found during Automation operation

> I've installed the ADSI 2.5 for Win98 and I still get the error.  What am I
> missing?  Some sort of run-time?

There are no "run-time" version of ADSI, but ADSI 2.5 isn't the latest version
of ADSI. A newer version is found in the Directory Services Client tool
(DSClient.exe) that is to be found on the Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM in the
Clients\Win9x folder.

You could try to install it on your Win98 client and see if it helps.

The Windows NT 4.0 version of DSClient.exe can be downloaded here (Win9x version
is only on the Win2k Server CD):
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/Other/adclient.asp

--
torgeir

ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Justin Emla » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:41:00

Yup, that helped.

Now I'd like to tackle the fact that file is 2.5MB.  Anyone know exactly
which files are needed (only) so I can make an installer?

Thanks for the help Torgeir!

> > So I've finaly created my .EXE which will add an email address to the
turff
> > list.  It runs fine on my machine of course but will not run on any
other
> > machine.  I get this error:

> > File name or class name not found during Automation operation

> > I've installed the ADSI 2.5 for Win98 and I still get the error.  What
am I
> > missing?  Some sort of run-time?

> There are no "run-time" version of ADSI, but ADSI 2.5 isn't the latest
version
> of ADSI. A newer version is found in the Directory Services Client tool
> (DSClient.exe) that is to be found on the Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM in
the
> Clients\Win9x folder.

> You could try to install it on your Win98 client and see if it helps.

> The Windows NT 4.0 version of DSClient.exe can be downloaded here (Win9x
version
> is only on the Win2k Server CD):
> http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/Other/adclient.asp

> --
> torgeir

ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Torgeir Bakke » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:57:49

> Yup, that helped.

> Now I'd like to tackle the fact that file is 2.5MB.  Anyone know exactly
> which files are needed (only) so I can make an installer?

I would be very careful about doing that, at least if other people than you are
responsible for the support of the computers you want to install it on. I guess
you also violate some MS license agreement when doing this ;-)

Based on information here:

INFO: Files Installed by Directory Services Client Extension for Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q295168

INFO: Determining Which Version of ADSI Is Installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q216290

And from dsclient.inf file:

[DsClient.Copy]
;files needed for negotiate
cryptdll.dll,,,33
msasn1.dll,,,33
negotiat.dll,,,33
wldap32.dll,,,33
dnsapi.dll,,,33
logonsrv.dll,,,33
;files needed for ds
ntdsapi.dll,,,33
;files needed for adsi
activeds.dll,,,33
adsldp.dll,,,33
adsldpc.dll,,,33
adsnds.dll,,,33
adsnt.dll,,,33
adsnw.dll,,,33
radmin32.dll,,,33
rlocal32.dll,,,33
activeds.tlb,,,33
adsmsext.dll,,,33
;files need for the ds ui
dsuiext.dll,,,33
dsfolder.dll,,,33
dsquery.dll,,,33
cmnquery.dll,,,33
dsprop.dll,,,33

maybe installing the files below will do the trick:

ADSI:
Activeds.dll
Activeds.tlb
Adsldp.dll
Adsldpc.dll
Adsmsext.dll
Adsnt.dll

If the above doesn't do the trick, the files below (and others) should be
considered:

radmin32.dll,,,33
rlocal32.dll,,,33

DS APIs:
Netapi32.dll
Ntdsapi.dll

LDAP:
Wldap32.dll

Just be sure to version handle them properly if you make your own installer!

--
torgeir

ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Justin Emla » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:54:19

An excellent place to start.

Thanks again!

> > Yup, that helped.

> > Now I'd like to tackle the fact that file is 2.5MB.  Anyone know exactly
> > which files are needed (only) so I can make an installer?

> I would be very careful about doing that, at least if other people than
you are
> responsible for the support of the computers you want to install it on. I
guess
> you also violate some MS license agreement when doing this ;-)

> Based on information here:

> INFO: Files Installed by Directory Services Client Extension for Windows
NT 4.0
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q295168

> INFO: Determining Which Version of ADSI Is Installed
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q216290

> And from dsclient.inf file:

> [DsClient.Copy]
> ;files needed for negotiate
> cryptdll.dll,,,33
> msasn1.dll,,,33
> negotiat.dll,,,33
> wldap32.dll,,,33
> dnsapi.dll,,,33
> logonsrv.dll,,,33
> ;files needed for ds
> ntdsapi.dll,,,33
> ;files needed for adsi
> activeds.dll,,,33
> adsldp.dll,,,33
> adsldpc.dll,,,33
> adsnds.dll,,,33
> adsnt.dll,,,33
> adsnw.dll,,,33
> radmin32.dll,,,33
> rlocal32.dll,,,33
> activeds.tlb,,,33
> adsmsext.dll,,,33
> ;files need for the ds ui
> dsuiext.dll,,,33
> dsfolder.dll,,,33
> dsquery.dll,,,33
> cmnquery.dll,,,33
> dsprop.dll,,,33

> maybe installing the files below will do the trick:

> ADSI:
> Activeds.dll
> Activeds.tlb
> Adsldp.dll
> Adsldpc.dll
> Adsmsext.dll
> Adsnt.dll

> If the above doesn't do the trick, the files below (and others) should be
> considered:

> radmin32.dll,,,33
> rlocal32.dll,,,33

> DS APIs:
> Netapi32.dll
> Ntdsapi.dll

> LDAP:
> Wldap32.dll

> Just be sure to version handle them properly if you make your own
installer!

> --
> torgeir

ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

Post by Justin Emla » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:26:20

I was able to slim it down to 1.12MB.

Thanks again!

> An excellent place to start.

> Thanks again!

> > > Yup, that helped.

> > > Now I'd like to tackle the fact that file is 2.5MB.  Anyone know
exactly
> > > which files are needed (only) so I can make an installer?

> > I would be very careful about doing that, at least if other people than
> you are
> > responsible for the support of the computers you want to install it on.
> guess
> > you also violate some MS license agreement when doing this ;-)

> > Based on information here:

> > INFO: Files Installed by Directory Services Client Extension for Windows
> NT 4.0
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q295168

> > INFO: Determining Which Version of ADSI Is Installed
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q216290

> > And from dsclient.inf file:

> > [DsClient.Copy]
> > ;files needed for negotiate
> > cryptdll.dll,,,33
> > msasn1.dll,,,33
> > negotiat.dll,,,33
> > wldap32.dll,,,33
> > dnsapi.dll,,,33
> > logonsrv.dll,,,33
> > ;files needed for ds
> > ntdsapi.dll,,,33
> > ;files needed for adsi
> > activeds.dll,,,33
> > adsldp.dll,,,33
> > adsldpc.dll,,,33
> > adsnds.dll,,,33
> > adsnt.dll,,,33
> > adsnw.dll,,,33
> > radmin32.dll,,,33
> > rlocal32.dll,,,33
> > activeds.tlb,,,33
> > adsmsext.dll,,,33
> > ;files need for the ds ui
> > dsuiext.dll,,,33
> > dsfolder.dll,,,33
> > dsquery.dll,,,33
> > cmnquery.dll,,,33
> > dsprop.dll,,,33

> > maybe installing the files below will do the trick:

> > ADSI:
> > Activeds.dll
> > Activeds.tlb
> > Adsldp.dll
> > Adsldpc.dll
> > Adsmsext.dll
> > Adsnt.dll

> > If the above doesn't do the trick, the files below (and others) should
be
> > considered:

> > radmin32.dll,,,33
> > rlocal32.dll,,,33

> > DS APIs:
> > Netapi32.dll
> > Ntdsapi.dll

> > LDAP:
> > Wldap32.dll

> > Just be sure to version handle them properly if you make your own
> installer!

> > --
> > torgeir

1. Migrating from ADSI 2.5+WinNT4.0+Exch5.5 to Win2k+ADSI+Exch2k

I have a service that manipulates NT and exchange accounts using ADSI
on WinNT 4.0 and Exchange5.5. Will it be compatible with Win2k and
Exchange2K? Does Exchange2k provide implementations for ADSI for
account manipulation (create,update and delete)?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Can I update DNS from WINS?

3. ADSI 2.5 NT 4.0 server

4. Linear Interpolation Errors?

5. ADSI 2.5, SetPassword error

6. FAQ on CL programs.

7. ADSI 2.5 SiteServer 3.0 VB 6 Q

8. Disks for Triumph-Adler Alphatronic 8085 system

9. Missing Ordinal 319 in ADSI 2.5 for Windows NT

10. Redistributing ADSI 2.5 for NT4

11. post sp6a security rollup + adsi 2.5 = network path not found

12. IMPORTANT INFO -- ADSI 2.5 No Longer Supported by Microsoft - Replaced by DS Client

13. LINK to DOWNLOAD ADSI 2.5 Latest DLL