retrieving extended schema attributes using ADSI

retrieving extended schema attributes using ADSI

Post by Rebecca Cro » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:35:26

Is there a way to retrieve extended schema attributes using the ADO
provider for ADSI?

For Example, when I try to run:

    Dim sCmd As String
    Dim objConn As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim objRs As New ADODB.Recordset

    objConn.Provider = "AdsDsoObject"
    objConn.Open "ADs Provider"

    sCmd = "  SELECT customAttrib"
    sCmd = sCmd + " FROM 'LDAP://10.10.100.123'"
    sCmd = sCmd + " WHERE cn = 'abc123'"

    Set objRs = objConn.Execute(sCmd) '>>unspecified error occurs here

I get an error on the line marked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rebecca

1. Schema attributes of AD are missing in .NET beta3 using ADSI

Hi,
We wrote a program that reads list of attributes from the
Active Directory Schema using ADSI. It worked OK in
Windows 2000.

When we tested it on a "Windows.NET Enterprise server:
Evaluation copy. Build 3590.main.011110-1652". we get
errors.

Here is a detailed description of the issue:

In our program, we bind to the schema and read list of
attributes that exist in the schema.
For some reason, several attributes which were accessible
in Windows 2000 are not accessible in the .net server.
An example is the attribute unicodePwd or CN=Unicode-Pwd
When we try to get this attribute we get the
error: "0x80005004L E_ADS_UNKNOWN_OBJECT: An unknown ADSI
object was requested".

When using ADSIEdit snapin, all attributes are displayed,
including unicodePwd.

So we used the utility ADSVW.exe (Active Directory
Browser).
We could reproduce the same error that we got:

When we bind the the schema using the
string: "LDAP://schema" we get all attributes
When we bind to:
LDAP://CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=myDomain,DC=com
we get list of attributes that is not full, and the
unicodePwd attribute is missing.

Can anyone help us understand why the attributes are not
accesssible?

Thank you,
Ran

2. WTB: Phantoms 5(II) and Cinemaware Games(2gs)

3. Schema Extending.. Attribute

4. 3c serial cable

5. Error 8000500c when retrieving Attribute that does not belong to schema

6. GRE Tunnel up/up Cannot ping tunnel interface

7. how to extend the schema use ADSI via VBScript?

8. System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

9. ADSI Extending Directory Schema

10. ADSI Schema Attributes

11. trying to create a new schema attribute via adsi/asp

12. using ado with extended attributes

13. Setting extended attribute using VB