Getting distinguished name of a computer object (not the local computer)

Getting distinguished name of a computer object (not the local computer)

Post by Jeff Bridge » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:49:40

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to get the distinguished name of a
computer object in vbscript.

I know how to find the DN for a user and also how to get
the DN for a local computer, but, I am looking to write a
script that can get the DN of any computer in our
dirctory that a user may need.

Is there by chance a network version of IADsADSystemInfo
or something else I can use?

Thank you,
Jeff.

Getting distinguished name of a computer object (not the local computer)

Post by Jeff Bridge » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:25:02

Heh, ok, solved the issue myself.

This would have been SOOOO much easier if someone told me
computer objects
need to have the $ appended to it!  Why don't they make
it well known? Seems so basic!

Aarugh!!!

Thanks anyways,
Jeff Bridges