error updating user's propery values

Post by manikpra.. » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

error updating user's propery values

Win2000/ASP/LDAP

'CODE starts here....
Dim oNS, oContainer, oUser, strNamingContext

Set oRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP/computerName/RootDSE")
strNamingContext = oRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext")
Set oRootDSE = Nothing

Set oNS = GetObject("LDAP:")
Set oContainer = oNS.OpenDSObject("LDAP/computerName/" &
strNamingContext,
sAccountOperator, sAccountOperatorPWD, ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION)

Set oUser = GetObject(("LDAP/computerName/CN=Test User,CN=Users," &
strNamingContext)
If (Err.Number <> 0) Then
    Response.Write "<br><br>Error# " & Hex(Err.Number) & " - " &
Err.Description
    Response.End
End If

oUser.put "telephoneNumber", "650-123-4567"
oUser.SetInfo
If (Err.Number <> 0) Then
    Response.Write "<br><br>Error# " & Hex(Err.Number) & " - " &
Err.Description
    Response.End
End If

' CODE ends here...

I keep getting below error:
&H80070005: General access denied error

I dont know why I keep getting this error even I connect as Account
Operator
user, which has all the permissions!
Since, I am connecting as Account Operator, why doesn't it use those
credentials while Setting property values?
Also, could anyone send me an example to show, how to use
SetObjectAttributes method is ASP.

Thanks much.

Regards
Manik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Inventory doesn't reflect updated values

This one is killing me.

SMS 2.0/SP1, NT 4.0/SP5, SQL 7

My Y2k pushes went out fine over the past few months.  That's the good news.
The bad news is that, for whatever reason, queries and collections will not
reflect the fact that updates have, in all cases, been done.  For example, a
machine was updated from SR-1 to SR-2 and, when queried based upon
filename/filesize, this machine shows that it has both SR-1 *and* SR-2 ( am
using winword.exe and the file size relevant for the SR level being queried
for).

What is evidently happening is that the updates are taking place but the
inventory records are not reflecting that the old file size is different.
The machine shows up in both the SR-1 and SR-2 query.  Obviously, the
appearance of the machine in the SR-2 query is correct (I have verified that
the winword.exe file size is SR-2 level), but why does it show up in the
SR-1 query as well?

I used one machine for an example, but this is an enterprise-wide problem.

I have inventoried, run 'cliutils /start "Start Software Inventory"', and
twiddled with hardware and software update schedules until I am blue in the
face.  I have been all over the client and server-side logs and can't get a
clue.

It appears that the SMS/SQL interface is just not jiving.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Any direction gladly accepted.

Thanks

Brad Alpert/MCSE

2. Networking Problems w/@Home...help!

3. Error 80072024 while Updating a multi-valued property

4. Recycle for the PC

5. CLIOPT.EXE - does anybody know the syntax for 'parameter' and 'value'

6. Free Support for Microsoft FrontPage

7. error '8000500f' when setting a User's property in ASP

8. LANSUP TSA

9. SQL Logon Errors - user '(null)'

10. Update list of users in document's profile

11. SINV not updating, can't find any errors in logs

12. Security Update package won't update

13. ERROR when Installing CLIENT: *** SMS 1.x AppControl Deinstall - Error reading values from key (#6)