LDAP bind with DN to Exchange 5.5

Post by Elmar Schalüc » Sat, 18 May 2002 19:43:12

Hi,
I have a problem with binding a user to an Exchange 5.5 server.
When I try to bind username/password with the common name (cn=user1) it
works, but when I try to do it with its distinguished name (dn=cn=user1,
ou=People, o=mycomp.com) with or without dn, it fails.

How do I have to formulate the authid correctly?
Thanks
Elmar

1. LDAP QueryString against Exchange 5.5 - GC versus LDAP

What kind of changes or upgrades or service packs would cause this problem.

The one line of code that used to work is:
bstrADOQueryString =
"<LDAP://exchangeserver>;(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(uid=KGREER*));
cn,adspath;subtree"

now I have to use the code:
bstrADOQueryString =
"<GC://exchangeserver:389>;(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(uid=KGREER*)
);cn,adspath;subtree"

I did find an article that mentions GC://
This is where I got the idea to test this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q223049

What really is the GC provider? Why would LDAP:// provider stop working?
I am working from the code provided (with no support) in the MS EXCH 5.5
Resource Kit called
Galmod.  I really need to get the LDAP way of doing things working again
According to this link
http://www.link21.co.uk/glossary-active.htm#global
I have less attributes that I can have access to, by using GC.
This does impact the use of this galmod tool.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly Greer

change nospam to yahoo

2. Using scp between ssh2.3 and OpenSSH-2.2.0p1

3. How to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to SBS 4.5 Exchange 5.5 SP2?

4. mapple

5. LDAP and Exchange 5.5 ?

6. NEW RELEASE - Web Tools CD-ROM

7. ADSI Exchange 5.5 - LDAP Queries??

8. Benchmark

9. 'Logon Failure' from ASP.NET app using DirectoryServices against Exchange 5.5 LDAP

10. How to get through all Exchange 5.5 objects with LDAP?

11. ADSI / LDAP access to Exchange 5.5 problems

12. LDAP query against Exchange 5.5 using .NET ?

13. LDAP, ADSI, Exchange 5.5 and Perl