Using ADO to query members of a (ADS) group

Using ADO to query members of a (ADS) group

Post by Shro » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 15:51:29

Hi All,

My goal is to make a full outer join between members of a (Win2000
ADS) group and the resultset of a sql query. (To see in one list which
users to add and which users to remove from the group)

To gather the members of the group I could query all users in the
directory for membership of the group, but the group-object has an
attribute "member" which contains the DN of all members.

Any idea how I could get that attribute returned as a recordset?

(eg:
SELECT member
   FROM 'LDAP://group.corp.com/CN=Employees,OU=Groups,DC=group,DC=corp,DC=com'
would return a string-array, and not a "table" on which I could
directly perform a "JOIN"
)

Grtz,
    Shroud

1. ADO LDAP Query - can't search member's groups attribute

Hello,

I am trying to use ADO to do an LDAP query and i can't get it to search on
the groups attribute!  It just doesn't bring anything back when I know
members are in the group I'm searching on.  The reason I am doing it this
way because I also have to be able to search on other attributes (zip, city,
etc.) in addition to the group membership (but right now i'm just trying to
get the groups part work).  btw, it worked when i searched on cn or
address... my ldap query is:

<LDAP://myServer:myPort/o=myO,ou=Members>;(groups=*Adm*);cn,groups;onelevel

thanks

-dan

2. ibm cd-rom

3. Can I Get group members from active directory using an LDAP query (ASP)

4. selecting text

5. AD ADO query very slow 10sec

6. HELP with NEC 'Intersect' CDR-35-01 cdROM

7. Provider error 0x80040E14 when trying to query Exchange via ADO ADs Provider from ASP page

8. Load Balance Between two 6509's

9. ADO query to AD "E_Fail" error

10. Can't search AD using ADO

11. Using ADO with ADS

12. Maximum Records returned from ADS using ADO