Use ADSI to read/set IIS file permission & folder settings

Use ADSI to read/set IIS file permission & folder settings

Post by debbi » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:25:28

Hi,
Is there a way to read/set IIS file permissions (Anonymous, Basic, NT
Challenge) using ADSI?
Also, can you set a folder as an "Application" using ADSI?

Thanks very much.
DA

1. Setting file permissions using ADSI

Hello all.  I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.  Is
there a way using ADSI and Visual Basic that I can programmatically set
permissions on individual folders and files?  I have found some sparse
documentation and examples on MS's web site but they are not helping much.
Is there an easier way besides using ADSI to accomplish this?  Everything I
have read on this looks extremely convoluted and it seems like this should
be a very simple and widely used operation.

Also, I think I am lacking the ADsSecurity.dll file on my machine.  I am
developing on Windows 2000 Pro and it is my understanding that ADSI 2.5 is
supposed to be part of the OS.  I have read in a few Microsoft KB articles
about installing the Platform SDK to get this file.  Does Microsoft really
expect me to install a 900MB SDK just to get the security functionality of
ADSI or am I way off base here?  I hope I am just lost and it is much
simpler than it is appearing at the moment.

Thank in advance for any help.

Don

2. Switching hub info needed!

3. IIS file permissions & folder settings

4. instant win game

5. setting file permissions on files/folders on a server

6. Damn, this is cool

7. Setting registry permission using ADSI/ADsSecurity

8. Info wanted: routers/gateways between subnets

9. Setting Inheritable Permissions Using ADSI

10. Setting folder permissions using WMI instead of cacls.exe?

11. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

12. Setting NTFS folder permission using WMI

13. Setting up Homedirectory/Home folder using ADSI