ADSI Schema Attributes

Post by Nick Wrigh » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:57:28

Hi,

Is it possible to move an active directory attribute
so that it is within the property cache i.e.
So that I can call...

Dim oUser As IADsUser

Set oUser = CreateObject("WinNT://domain/" & "username")

MsgBox oUser.EmployeeID

To get the employee ID...

I currently get the error message

'The active directory cannot be found in the cache'

and if it is possible how..?

Thanks

ADSI Schema Attributes

Post by Richard Muelle » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:46:23

>Hi,

>Is it possible to move an active directory attribute
>so that it is within the property cache i.e.
>So that I can call...

>Dim oUser As IADsUser

>Set oUser = CreateObject("WinNT://domain/" & "username")

>MsgBox oUser.EmployeeID

>To get the employee ID...

>I currently get the error message

>'The active directory cannot be found in the cache'

>and if it is possible how..?

Hi,

The problem is that "EmployeeID" is not exposed by the
WinNT provider. You need to use the LDAP provider.

Richard

1. Schema attributes of AD are missing in .NET beta3 using ADSI

Hi,
We wrote a program that reads list of attributes from the
Active Directory Schema using ADSI. It worked OK in
Windows 2000.

When we tested it on a "Windows.NET Enterprise server:
Evaluation copy. Build 3590.main.011110-1652". we get
errors.

Here is a detailed description of the issue:

In our program, we bind to the schema and read list of
attributes that exist in the schema.
For some reason, several attributes which were accessible
in Windows 2000 are not accessible in the .net server.
An example is the attribute unicodePwd or CN=Unicode-Pwd
When we try to get this attribute we get the
error: "0x80005004L E_ADS_UNKNOWN_OBJECT: An unknown ADSI
object was requested".

When using ADSIEdit snapin, all attributes are displayed,
including unicodePwd.

So we used the utility ADSVW.exe (Active Directory
Browser).
We could reproduce the same error that we got:

When we bind the the schema using the
string: "LDAP://schema" we get all attributes
When we bind to:
LDAP://CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=myDomain,DC=com
we get list of attributes that is not full, and the
unicodePwd attribute is missing.

Can anyone help us understand why the attributes are not
accesssible?

Thank you,
Ran

2. How to redirect LPT1 output to a file ?

3. trying to create a new schema attribute via adsi/asp

4. Odd problem...

5. retrieving extended schema attributes using ADSI

6. How Add Schema Attribute to Schema Class?

7. accessing new attributes in user schema

8. Schema Extending.. Attribute

9. Enumerating Schema Attributes Directly

10. list of al the possible attributes of the class user in the schema

11. Windows 2000 Schema with UID attribute and upgrading to Windows 2003 Server