Binding to AD needed after Domain login?

Binding to AD needed after Domain login?

Post by Steve Bottom » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:38:55

Hi, all!!  I've got a question regarding binding to AD and domain logins...
Here's the scenario:

I've got a web site that has an AD-based user directory in it.  Up to now
the users have logged into the site with software-based authentication (not
NTLM/Digest), and when I needed to access AD I used those stored credentials
to bind to AD so attributes could be queried.  Now I'm looking into changing
the authentication to NTLM (disabling the software auth), however the
question arises about having to bind to AD:  If the web user is
authenticated into AD via the web page, do I still have to provide creds to
query attributes, or not?

Haven't tried it yet cuz I was hoping someone here might have done it
already and has a few pointers...  ;-)  Thanks much!
SteveB

1. Error binding to group in a trusted ADS domain

I have some code that binds to a group and enumerates it members.

However, when I run my code on a Win2K server that is a member of an NT
domain, and ask it to LDAP:// (or GC://) bind to a group in a trusted ADS
domain, I get this error
'8007054b - Automation Error The specified domain either does not exist or
could not be contacted'.

The NT and ADS domain are in a two-way trust.

Is this some limitation of ADSI 2.5? Is is there a workaround? Or is it most
likely a configuration problem - if so any pointers what my be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Jim

2. Need help to restrict computer/windows access

3. need help on get list of W2K ad Domain (fqdn) by using VB

4. FrontPage certification

5. Binding to domain other than logged in domain

6. SGI Quake woes...

7. NT Domain login and Netware 3 login with Windows 95

8. Ed Yourdon Speaks at GWU. cory goes -bks-

9. Share login fine Domain login regected for single user

10. Binding AD users to Drop down

11. Binding AD only for spesific object attributes returns more than specified......

12. Binding to foreign AD

13. bind to AD using getObject