Knowledge Resources

Post by Andy » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:03:13

Hi

Just starting getting into Active/Directory, ADSI, LDAP
and the like and wondered if anyone can point me in the
direction of some good resources for getting started. Any
good books out there?

I will be using C# as my development platform and Windows
2000 server as my O/S platform.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Knowledge Resources

Post by MVP - ADS » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:45:12

I would read these:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netd...

The System.DirectoryServices namespace in the framework (second link above)
is the managed wrapper around ADSI that you should use for working with AD
in .NET.

Joe K.

Quote:> Hi

> Just starting getting into Active/Directory, ADSI, LDAP
> and the like and wondered if anyone can point me in the
> direction of some good resources for getting started. Any
> good books out there?

> I will be using C# as my development platform and Windows
> 2000 server as my O/S platform.

> Thanks in advance

> Andy

1. SBS knowledge versus NT knowledge?

hi everyone,

i'm having a discussion/argument with a brand new employee here (sys admin).
he's very knowledgeable about NT and network administration, but pretty new
to SBS.  he says SBS is merely a veneer over NT, and that he can do anything
he needs, 'under the hood', so to speak, using NT tools rather than the SBS
console.  is there any danger in this?

and, i'm wondering how true its is.  i'd beleieve it's true, but you still
have to know everything SBS is doing.  however perhaps SBS does a few things
in unusal ways...

what do you all have to say?

fred

2. Doa501

3. Printer Issues: Network resource is not the same as local resource type

4. Finding trusted domains

5. Flush SMS resources? Reuse Resource I.D.?

6. MSN Connection

7. Queries with System Resource and User Resource

8. CD-R Software

9. Knowledge Base

10. Technical Knowledge Base

11. what has Micosoft done with the online support knowledge base?

12. Wanted: Knowledge Base Article Number

13. SBS Knowledge Base Tips