Authenticating user with credential object

Authenticating user with credential object

Post by Scott Artm » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:32:48

I am using Active Directory to authenticate and authorize users in
JBoss 3.2.1. I have successfully used a slightly modified version of
the org.jboss.security.auth.spi.LdapLoginModule class to authenticate
a user with their userid and password. However, I would like to
authenticate with a credential object instead of the user's password.

According to the javadoc for the LdapLoginModule class, the
useObjectCredential property should be set to true and "the credential
should be obtained as an opaque Object using the
org.jboss.security.plugins.ObjectCallback type of Callback." My
question is, what type of object should I pass from my client program
to authenticate againt Active Directory?

Thanks for any help,
Scott

1. cannot open ads object with credentials

Hi all,
I am writing an application (VB .NET) capable to retieve
active directory mailboxes and where they are located,
that is their mailbox stores, storage groups and server.
I used a test domain and the GetObject function to
retrieve ADSI objects and gather required informations. I
was told now to use user credentials to access production
domain, so I used the "OpenDSObject" function of
the "IADsOpenDSObject" interface combined with ADO
technology and the query for retrieving name and homeMDB
fields of all domain users was successful.
Now I need to get the storage gropu so I need to query for
HomeMDB ADSI object through the value just retrieved. this
query is successfull with getobject but it fails with
OpenDSObject. Here are the two different way to get it:
Dim iAdHomeMDB As ActiveDs.IADs
Dim dso As IADsOpenDSObject
dso = GetObject("LDAP:")

iAdHomeMDB = GetObject("LDAP://" & Me.strComputerName
& "/" & field.Value)

iAdHomeMDB = dso.OpenDSObject("LDAP://" &
Me.strComputerName & "/" & field.Value, Me.username,
Me.password, ADS_SERVER_BIND)

'field.value is something like "CN=mailboxstore name,
CN=...,DC=domainname,DC=domainextensionname"

Using getobject it works fine, using OpenDSObject I get
the "Invaild path name was passed error".
May please someone help.
Thank you in advance.
Bye.

2. Configuration Management Planning - Crossroads News

3. Howto User the Object Picker Object from Visual Basic

4. Microsoft download manager hangs

5. Need to Authenticate against OpenLDAP Server and enumerate objects with DirectoryServices Class in VB.NET

6. How can I turn the warning message off?

7. "Error: The Credentials Supplied Conflict with an Existing Set of Credentials".

8. CD32 games outselling PC,MCD,CD-i

9. Logon Failure Supplied credentials conflict with exisiting credentials

10. Error connecting to domain: Supplied credentials conflict with exisiting credentials

11. The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials WinNt error

12. The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials

13. Using ADS SID of individual users to authenticate ADS users