.NET doesn't recognize DirectoryServices namespace

.NET doesn't recognize DirectoryServices namespace

Post by Joe Davi » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 02:20:42

I'm trying to connect via .NET

I have added a reference to "System.DirectoryServices.dll"

Namespace="System.DirectoryServices" %> directive.

No matter what I do, I always get the same error:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DirectoryServices'
does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you
missing an assembly reference?)

Is there something that I'm missing?  I've even used
sample code directly

.NET doesn't recognize DirectoryServices namespace

Post by Karen Wor » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 04:55:05

go to your
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\CONFIG\machine.config file and
add this line to the <assemblies> section:

<add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=1.0.3300.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Your will have to stop and restart IIS server for the change to take affect.

Hope that helps,

Karen Worth
Microsoft Developer Support AD/ADSI team
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

Security Note:
Recent viruses on the Internet underscore the threat to all computer users
and highlight challenges facing the entire industry in providing security
that everyone needs to conduct business. I encourage you to sign up to
receive automatic notification of Microsoft Security Bulletins by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
bulletin/notify.asp. For more information on security, our Strategic
Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security. We will be happy to answer
any questions or provide assistance with your security needs.