ADSI datatype cannot be converted to or from a native DS datatype

ADSI datatype cannot be converted to or from a native DS datatype

Post by Eric » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:19:44

Please help...

I tried to import some codes from VB to ASP. Basically I can get the
user information from LDAP server. But For most properties like
department, displayname, streetAddress, etc. They return 800500C Error
code "The ADSI datatype cannot be converted to or from a native DS
datatype". I tested those fields and I can get them in VB without
problem. But in ASP, I keep getting this error.

The Server is Windows 2000, with IIS, and it's the same server I tried
to run the VB program.

The amazing thing is that 10 minutes ago, the code suddenly works
without any datatype conversion problem, but after serveral refresh, it
returns the error again.

*sigh*

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS datatype

I get this error message once in a while when accessing an
attribute in my ASP pages:

Active Directory error '8000500c'
The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from
a native DS datatype.

Here is the code:
' BEGIN
Set oLDAP = GetObject("LDAP:")
Set oContainer = oLDAP.OpenDSObject(strLdapPath, strAdmin,
strAdminPass, 0)
oMail = oContainer.Get("Mail") ' Ok..No error
oAtt1 = oContainer.Get("ExtensionAttribute1") ' -->ERROR
' END

I want to insist on the fact that this error only happens
once in a while (like once every week), and all i need to
do to fix it is to "unload" the virtual site in the IIS
management console. This is also a site based issue, since
another virtual site on the same machine could not be
affected by it. This can happen on both site though.
In the MSDN, the suggested corrective action corresponding
to the error code, is this:
"Verify that the correct data type is used and/or that
there is sufficient schema information available to
perform data type conversion."
My Active Directory lies on a remote computer (Windows
2000 Server SP2, Exchange Server)

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

2. Amiga Parts, Cheap!!

3. wildcards, dir, matlab

4. Driving me insane: Error: Datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS datatype...

5. This is a new OS/2 excuse! (funny)

6. The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS datatype

7. Keyboard lights.

8. Error Message: The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS datatype

9. 0x8000500C Error, "The Active Directory datatype cannotbe converted to/from a native DS"

10. VB ADSI and native DS datatype

11. native DS datatype

12. Error: datatype cannot be converted