First Last vs Last, First

Post by Rus » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:50:12

All new users we create show up as First Last name (cn).  How do we modify
the schema so they come up as Last, First?  I'm looking at the ADSI
edit snapin in MMC right now and can't seem to find it.

Thanks

First Last vs Last, First

Post by Jeff Jones [MS » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:38:02

The following KB describes how to change the default behavior. It also has a
script that you can run to change the format of all existing user objects.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q277717&sd=tech

--
Jeff Jones [MS]
Active Directory Administration Tools Development

Quote:> All new users we create show up as First Last name (cn).  How do we modify
> the schema so they come up as Last, First?  I'm looking at the ADSI
> edit snapin in MMC right now and can't seem to find it.

> Thanks

1. One last thing on the Tech. coupon

Just want to make sure I've got everything covered.  Right now we're running
SBS4.5 and have (9)5 user Client Add Packs to bring us up to 50 licenses.
Through the Worldwide Fulfillment Call Center I am going to order the
upgrade to 2000 ($23) and (9)5 user Client Add Packs.  That's everything I
need, correct?  I just want to make sure there's no other cost that I'm
missing.

--
Take Care,
Rick Bond

http://www.tcarms.com Thompson/Center Arms
http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com Fox Ridge Outfitters
http://www.thompsoninvestmentcasting.com Thompson Investment Casting

2. Regarding STLs

3. Browsing - one last thing!

4. mshta application error

5. One last SMTP / ICW question

6. Need advice on best Sun machine for a fileserver

7. one last newbie broadband/router question....

8. test 100% 54

9. One last backup glitch and it WORKS!

10. One last question, this time about drive mapping

11. Last one, for today - Public folders

12. One last minor problem (samba-1.9.x)

13. One last Post for the road.