Crank call is the last straw! (was Re: Definitive Known Software Lists...)

Crank call is the last straw! (was Re: Definitive Known Software Lists...)

Post by Mark Statze » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I have the tape, and if I ever find out who it was, you will regret
> doing it.  I personally guarantee that!  And if that person happens
> to be reading this... SAY IT TO MY FACE, YOU GUTLESS JERK!
> Please!!!

Defend yourself as much as you want - via email.

I've seen your site - neat. But I'm sick and tired of the huge waste of
bandwidth you have foisted on us in the name of (1) advertising your
site and (2) whining about others.

You have a website. As far as I can see, a good one. You have plenty of
bandwidth to play with on your own. I, for one, would appreciate a
smaller message with a link to the lists on your site instead of having
to download the whole thing to my screen.

Multiple huge posts, followed by screaming flames (including this 9-line
.sig in each) is not a very effective way to get people to visit your
site. I'd rather talk calmly with the few Atari fans left than be forced
to wade through your combination flames & Spam.

We don't need the extra grief, and the few who 'attack' you don't need
the endor*t a screaming fit from you gives.

Please just chill, and think before you type once in awhile, hah?

Mark Statzer

> Michael
> (I stop reading Usenet and only post occasional announcements
> for two years and they STILL attack me.  You people are f'n sad!)

> Buying/Selling/Trading video game systems      Michael J. Novak Jr.
> and software, almost everything ever made,     Video Game Advantage
> including Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, 3DO,    6861 Anthony Lane
> and many more (also older computers) for       Parma Hts., OH  44130
> over 4 years on the Internet!  Visit us        1-440-843-8815  Voice
> on the WWW at  http://www.veryComputer.com/~vga2000/
> The Video Game Advantage Definitive Known Software List Collection,
> Screen Shots, Manual Archive, System FAQ's, FS/T lists and more...

Crank call is the last straw! (was Re: Definitive Known Software Lists...)

Post by Michael J. Novak J » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I was recently made aware of the fact that my absence has not
lessoned the attacks and lies that *some* of you enjoy posting
about me.  As if those pastimes weren't enough for you!

I don't know which one of you sycophants did it, but the message
that was on my answering machine today was going way too far!
It went well beyond vulgar.  Well beyond!

I have the tape, and if I ever find out who it was, you will regret
doing it.  I personally guarantee that!  And if that person happens
to be reading this... SAY IT TO MY FACE, YOU GUTLESS JERK!
Please!!!

[NOTE: To those of you that had nothing to do with this...never
mind.]

on the WWW at  http://www.io.com/~vga2000/

Post by Michael J. Novak J » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>> I have the tape, and if I ever find out who it was, you will regret
>> doing it.  I personally guarantee that!  And if that person happens
>> to be reading this... SAY IT TO MY FACE, YOU GUTLESS JERK!
>> Please!!!

>Defend yourself as much as you want - via email.

This was started by others and in public (on Usenet) and it will
end there.  If you don't like it, tough.  My e-mail is for business.

Quote:>I've seen your site - neat. But I'm sick and tired of the huge waste of
>bandwidth you have foisted on us in the name of (1) advertising your
>site and (2) whining about others.

I'm glad you liked it.  But I'm sick and tired of people launching
attacks on me and spreading lies.  The only thing that bothers me
more than that is idiots who keep insisting that I'm to blame for the
whole thing once I start to defend myself.  Get a f'n clue.  I would
NOT have to post like this if people didn't start this shit.  I have
NEVER started anything with anyone, ever!  And there is no
whining, just the practice of self-defense.

And posting an announcement of useful FREE information once a
week is nothing to complain about.  There are people who actually
do a lot worse things on Usenet.  Look around some time.

Quote:>You have a website. As far as I can see, a good one. You have plenty of
>bandwidth to play with on your own. I, for one, would appreciate a
>smaller message with a link to the lists on your site instead of having
>to download the whole thing to my screen.

You don't have to download anything to your screen (unless your
Internet set-up is total crap, in which case I'd suggest you upgrade
your equipment/software).

Quote:>Multiple huge posts, followed by screaming flames (including this 9-line
>.sig in each) is not a very effective way to get people to visit your
>site. I'd rather talk calmly with the few Atari fans left than be forced
>to wade through your combination flames & Spam.

The posts are "huge" because I'm quoting back the attacks and
lies that others are posting about me (you know, the people who
started this).  I do NOT flame.  I reply to attacks and lies.  Period.
Sig-file length is not relevant.  I'd hope that people would want to
do business with someone who is honest and is willing to stand
up for themselves, especially when they are not wrong.  I sure know
I want to do business with someone like that.

You are entitled to your opinions, no matter how wrong they are.

Quote:>We don't need the extra grief, and the few who 'attack' you don't need
>the endor*t a screaming fit from you gives.

And I need the extra grief from those who have nothing better to do
than attack and lie about people and then try and injure their
business!?!  Again, seeing someone else in this position, doing
what I'm doing (as stated above) would put that person near the
top of my list of people I'd trust.

Quote:>Please just chill, and think before you type once in awhile, hah?

>Mark Statzer

I will not sit back and take this kind of abuse, and the fact that you
expect me to do so says a LOT about you.  You should be posting
to them instead!  I was gone for two years (see below) and I kept
getting e-mail from customers saying "they are attacking you on..."
and I let it go.  Not anymore!

[MY SIG FILE DELETED]

And if you thought it was a waste of bandwidth, why the heck did you
quote it back!?!

Post by Todd S. Ellio » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>You don't have to download anything to your screen (unless your
>Internet set-up is total crap, in which case I'd suggest you upgrade
>your equipment/software).

You know, since you've got an 'upgraded' internet setup, you should note that
this posting and followups do not really belong in the newsgroups being
cross-posted. With this internet setup, you could easily control that.

I have now set followups as to avoid comp.sys.cbm, and hopefully we all can
live in peace. :)

-Todd Elliott

Post by Michael J. Novak J » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>You don't have to download anything to your screen (unless your
>>Internet set-up is total crap, in which case I'd suggest you upgrade
>>your equipment/software).

>You know, since you've got an 'upgraded' internet setup, you should note that
>this posting and followups do not really belong in the newsgroups being
>cross-posted. With this internet setup, you could easily control that.

>I have now set followups as to avoid comp.sys.cbm, and hopefully we all can
>live in peace. :)

>-Todd Elliott

Since I first encountered these little attack threads in comp.sys.cbm,
and since other are posting them there (as well as to other groups)
I will continue to post there too.  Why you would change that so that
the messages go only to RGVC (since I haven't been involved with
that group in two years) is beyond me.

Nice try though!

Michael
(and I was living in peace until *I* was attacked)

Buying/Selling/Trading video game systems      Michael J. Novak Jr.
and software, almost everything ever made,     Video Game Advantage
including Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, 3DO,    6861 Anthony Lane
and many more (also older computers) for       Parma Hts., OH  44130
over 4 years on the Internet!  Visit us        1-440-843-8815  Voice
on the WWW at  http://www.io.com/~vga2000/
The Video Game Advantage Definitive Known Software List Collection,
Screen Shots, Manual Archive, System FAQ's, FS/T lists and more...

Crank call is the last straw! (was Re: Definitive Known Software Lists...)

Post by Cameron Kaise » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Since I first encountered these little attack threads in comp.sys.cbm,
>and since other are posting them there (as well as to other groups)
>I will continue to post there too.  Why you would change that so that
>the messages go only to RGVC (since I haven't been involved with
>that group in two years) is beyond me.

IIRC, no one from comp.sys.cbm precipitated the attacks, however.

--
-------------- The Commodore 64 lives: http://computerworkshops.home.ml.org/ --
Cameron Kaiser (posting with a Commodore 128) | "When in doubt, take a pawn."

-- personal page: http://calvin.ptloma.edu/~spectre/ ------ CBMSF Unit $EA31 --

Crank call is the last straw! (was Re: Definitive Known Software Lists...)

Post by Michael J. Novak J » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

On 25 Aug 1998 16:04:02 PDT, Cameron Kaiser

>>Since I first encountered these little attack threads in comp.sys.cbm,
>>and since other are posting them there (as well as to other groups)
>>I will continue to post there too.  Why you would change that so that
>>the messages go only to RGVC (since I haven't been involved with
>>that group in two years) is beyond me.

>IIRC, no one from comp.sys.cbm precipitated the attacks, however.

You say that, but thats where I first encountered them and thats the
only place that a few of them were posted (I know because I checked
the headers).

Michael

Buying/Selling/Trading video game systems      Michael J. Novak Jr.
and software, almost everything ever made,     Video Game Advantage
including Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, 3DO,    6861 Anthony Lane
and many more (also older computers) for       Parma Hts., OH  44130
over 4 years on the Internet!  Visit us        1-440-843-8815  Voice
on the WWW at  http://www.io.com/~vga2000/
The Video Game Advantage Definitive Known Software List Collection,
Screen Shots, Manual Archive, System FAQ's, FS/T lists and more...

1. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [12/06/98]

[NOTE: The Super Nintendo (SNES) list has been added -- 11/23/98.]

The Video Game Advantage Definitive Known Software List Collection

If you are looking for the most complete, detailed software lists
available you have found them.  And the best part is that they are all
in a standardized format, so you can change system files without
having to learn a new style or format!  Currently 32 of the 40 planned
files are on-line (2600, Intellivision, NES, Odyssey2, Sega CD, SMS,
SNES, and TG-16 all still need some work, and will be on-line as
soon as possible).

32 bit and 64 bit video game systems:

3DO REAL Interactive Multiplayer
Atari Jaguar / Jaguar CD
Commodore Amiga CD32
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn
Sony Playstation
Tiger Game.Com

16 bit video game systems:

Philips CD-i
Sega CD
Sega Genesis
SNK Neo Geo / Neo Geo CD
Super Nintendo

8 bit video game systems:

Atari Lynx
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Nintendo Game Boy
Sega Game Gear
Sega Master System (SMS)
TurboGraphx-16, CD, & Duo

Classic video game systems:

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Bally Astrocade
Colecovision
Emerson  Arcadia 2001
Fairchild Channel F
GCE  Vectrex
Magnavox Odyssey2
Mattel Intellivision
Milton Bradley Microvision
RCA Studio II

Classic computers:

Atari 8-bit computers
Coleco Adam computer -- see Colecovision
Commodore 64 / 128 computers
Commodore Vic-20 computer
IBM PC Jr. computer
Mattel Aquarius computer
Radio Shack Color Computer
Texas Instruments TI 99/4A Computer
Tomy Tutor 16-Bit Graphic Computer

*****

If this is of interest to you, the URL is:
http://www.io.com/~vga2000/

and the link is in the "Collectors Corner" section.

And if the game isn't on one of my FS/T lists, it
isn't FS/T  :)

Michael

P.S. My old e-mail accounts all still work, but I'd prefer it if
people would begin to use the *new* account.  Thank you!

NOTE:  Some on Usenet like to attack people and lie about
what they do and say.  If you are tired of wading through the
lies and attacks here on Usenet, and you would like to know
my real position (on anything), as opposed to what some will
tell you is my position, then you can ask me.

Buying/Selling/Trading video game systems      Michael J. Novak Jr.
and software, almost everything ever made,     Video Game Advantage
including Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, 3DO,    6861 Anthony Lane
and many more (also older computers) for       Parma Hts., OH  44130
over 4 years on the Internet!  Visit us        1-440-843-8815  Voice
on the WWW at  http://www.io.com/~vga2000/
The Video Game Advantage Definitive Known Software List Collection,
Screen Shots, Manual Archive, System FAQ's, FS/T lists and more...

2. Problem with importing an EPS figure created in Mathematica into LaTeX

3. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [11/23/98]

4. sed and/or awk for 95?

5. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [10/19/98]

6. number of users in a shared folder

7. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [08/10/98]

8. wite some ascii code to printer port

9. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [08/17/98]

10. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [08/03/98]

11. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [07/27/98]

12. Definitive Known Software Lists (cartridge and CD) [07/19/98]