Bad Article number errors

Post by BiFi » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

I think this message is more for the one who manages this newsgroup:

I get a bit too many probable outdated articles posted around april
25th.

Bad Article number errors

Post by Trist » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

>I think this message is more for the one who manages this newsgroup:

>I get a bit too many probable outdated articles posted around april
>25th.

No-one manages this newsgroup.

The problem is at your newsserver; ISP's with proper functioning newsservers
are pretty rare these days.

Complain and maybe they'll fix it.

--

T. Zondag, netwerkbeheerder

"Windows 2000 will be the real Y2K problem" - Larry Ellison

http://king.gamepoint.net  http://users.bart.nl/~omegamsx

Bad Article number errors

Post by Kaspe » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Or just get another server. There are many that are open for everybody. My
server's called news-srv.sci.kun.nl and works fine. Try it...

Quote:> No-one manages this newsgroup.

> The problem is at your newsserver; ISP's with proper functioning
newsservers
> are pretty rare these days.

> Complain and maybe they'll fix it.

Bad Article number errors

Post by TFH/Fon » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

hmmm....

Not exactly allowed to log in !

Greetz,

Arnaud

--
Go visit the MSX Emulator Page (M.E.P.)
http://www.mep.msxnet.org

1. Article Rejected : Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I have contacted 'the powers that be' who actually run and maintain the MS and MSN servers to alert them to the problem and try to get some answers.

Now its up to any of you who have specifics to contribute if you wish.

We need specific details - newsgroup involved, time, ISP being used etc etc so Doug can finally start getting some real troubleshooting done.

Rest assured this problem is NOT specific to MSN or <shudder> AOL </shudder>; so far I have received responses from people using iafrica.com, carolina.rr.com, uswest.net and westelcom.com, and it is not MSNnews specific. It also occurs on MSnews.microsoft.com. I have no information as to whether netnews (or whats left of it) is affected.

Nor is it specific to the MSN or MS browsers or email clients. It is also being experienced when using Xnews, Agent, and Gravity.

So..... when it happens, please post the error message to this thread together with details of what ISP you are using and the precise date and time of failure.  I will send a synopsis to Doug and Tracy.

The more precise the information that you give, the better the chance of a successful resolution.  Imagine a room full of server banks, with a bad module or two scattered somewhere in that very big room.  The better the info we give, the greater the chance they will be able to track down any aberrant hardware.

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...

2. TRANSLATION ENGLISH-RUSSIAN, THEME-NETWORKS.BY MAIL ONLY :P.O.BOX 25,111397,MOSCOW,RUSSIA

3. Bad Major Version Number Error?

4. FS: Seagate 2.5" 170MB IDE Hard Disk, brand new

5. CA bad bad bad

6. Netscape 4.61 GA - Much slower, scrollbars are wrong

7. PGP Error : An error has occurred: bad parameters

8. Again : Extended INT 13 API specs

9. "Number of shapes does not match number of table records" error box

10. Article - Why is Software So Bad...

11. response from C Net.com Subject: Re: poor article, bad suggestion

12. Server Error:559, Error Number:0x800CCC61

13. ftp: SSL/TLS connect COMMAND error: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number