MSX 2+ Upgrade.

Post by Leonardo Valenci » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:31:54

Hello ,

I am upgrading a VG8235 to MSX2+ , i already changed the VDP and now
i want to change the BIOS.

But i wonder which one to pickup , I found 2 : one for panasonic WX and an
other one for WSX.
On top of that, I would like to burn a diskrom that works with the MSX2+
bios and the FDC
that is in the VG8235 ( I heard about port and memory based difference ) ,
that could deal
with 720K disk ( by additionally changing the floppy drive ) instead of
360k.

I read on a brazilian site that ParaMSX has been fixed to work with WSX
diskroms....so there
might be something strange.

Is it mandatory to put the Kanji driver as well?

Bye
Leo.

PS: I read MSX-faq , but i did not found any info on that topic.

MSX 2+ Upgrade.

Post by John van Poelgees » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 06:33:52

Quote:> Hello ,

> On top of that, I would like to burn a diskrom that works with the MSX2+
> bios and the FDC
> that is in the VG8235 ( I heard about port and memory based difference ) ,
> that could deal
> with 720K disk ( by additionally changing the floppy drive ) instead of
> 360k.

Well ,my FDC was changed with a FDC from the NMS8245, and still works, so
that might be an option.

Quote:> I read on a brazilian site that ParaMSX has been fixed to work with WSX
> diskroms....so there
> might be something strange.

> Is it mandatory to put the Kanji driver as well?

No, but you'll get blank lines in japanese software. And even if you cannot
read Japanese, those blank lines are even more annoying than those
characters
Quote:

> Bye
> Leo.

> PS: I read MSX-faq , but i did not found any info on that topic.

MSX 2+ Upgrade.

Post by Arndt Oeverman » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 06:03:10

Hi Leonardo,

 LV> I am upgrading a VG8235 to MSX2+ , i
 LV> already changed the VDP and now
 LV> i want to change the BIOS.

Does on this upgraded VG8235 run CP/M+? There was a CP/M+ for this
machine available.

Gut Goan

Arndt

... No Keyboard found, Press F1 to RESUME
___ QWKRR128 V5.10 [R]

1. MSX hardware upgrades ?

Hi,

IIRC, there used to be some people/companies in the Netherlands which could
fit your MSX with hardware upgrades like a memory expansion, internal
FM-Pac, internal SCC, 6 MHz upgrades and so on.
Do any of these companies still exist, and how can they be contacted ?

regards,

Derkjan de Haan

2. Allegro or Rhide keeps being weird

3. Recherche MSX en France - Buscando MSX in Francia - Looking for MSX in France !!!

4. Monopoly statisticss program

5. MSX-2,MSX-2+,& MSX TurboR - What's the difference?

6. OT: table size WAS RE: optimizing database

7. upgrade MSX-2 (in Moscow especially)

8. @DbLookup ?

9. GEN80 User guide, Command 2.41 MSX DOS 2 and the book MSX en de Buitenwereld

10. MSX 2 Philips 8250 HS/ Looking for out of order MSX 2 8250

11. !!! SALE: MSX/MSX 2Computer !!!

12. MSX?MSX 2 Comuter

13. MSX fair MSX-NBNO 19 januari 2002