MSX-2,MSX-2+,& MSX TurboR - What's the difference?

MSX-2,MSX-2+,& MSX TurboR - What's the difference?

Post by David K » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Could someone tell me what the differences are between these models of MSX
computers?   The MSX 2, the MSX-2 +, and the MSX Turbo-R

Thanks,
Dave

Post by Dennis Lardeno » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> Could someone tell me what the differences are between these models of MSX
> computers?   The MSX 2, the MSX-2 +, and the MSX Turbo-R

> Thanks,
> Dave

I won't go into technical details (cuz I'd hate to make a fool of myself
^_^) but the differences are as follows:
- The MSX-2+, compared to the 2 has FM-music (MSX-MUSIC) standard.
- The 2+ has a better VDP (3 extra screenmodes, about 20000 colors at the same
  time, smooth horizontal scrolling)
- The Turbo-R compared to the 2+ has a faster CPU: the R800 (16-bits) is
effectively about 4 to 7 times faster than the Z80.
- The TR has one PCM sample sound channel extra standard.
- The TR has a minimum memory of 256 K RAM.
- The TR has no datarecorder interface.

These are the most important differences the average user should know of.
There are more, of course, but I don't think they'd be of much concern to
you (like the 2 megs of internal software the TR has built in - all
Japanese)
Frankly, I also think the Turbo-R is the coolest-looking computer of all
(the A1GT, that is).

--

Dennis Lardenoye

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
             baffle them with bullshit"

1. Manuel Bilderbeek's MSX and Personal page - UPDATE & URL CHANGE of MSX PAGE

Hi!

I finally renewed my pages!
Please check them out, and notice that some URL's have changed! Please
also report any errors...! :-) Thanks!

This is the personal (main) page: (not changed)
http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/
This is the MSX page: (changed!)
http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/msx/
This is the Aurora page: (changed, but old one still works)
http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/msx/aurora/
This is the bookmarks page:
http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/bookmarks.html (old one)
or
http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/bookmarks/ (new URL!)
--
Grtjs, Manuel ((m)ICQ UIN 41947405)

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/

2. help needed for sendmail connect timeout

3. Recherche MSX en France - Buscando MSX in Francia - Looking for MSX in France !!!

4. Epson 880 going nuts

5. te koop: SONY MSX-1 en PHILIPS MSX-2

6. Fitch and Mather 7.0 - VB Version

7. 6000 links to MSX software: Victor's MSX page updated again

8. Free SMTP

9. Konami MSX games & Sony MSX hardware

10. TVA : MSX2 8255, MSX2 8235, MSX 8020, NMS 1431 & MSX modem (via I-bazar)

11. MSX Hardware & Software list from MSX Club Power Replay - December 1998

12. MSX Hardware & Software list from MSX Power Replay - December 1998