Data Flow Diagram model Navigator (DFD Navigator)

Data Flow Diagram model Navigator (DFD Navigator)

Post by Butc » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:14:02

How can I export the data in the DFD Navigator to another
application such as excel or access.  I'd like to be able
to maintain a catalogue of objects such as interfaces,
data stores, data flows and processes.

1. Data Flow Diagram Models - Decomposition of Data Flows

Hi,

In Visio 2k Ent, you can create DFD's as models.  There is a nice
decomposition option for the processes and some degree of flow balancing.
Considering my $3k license for Popkin doesn't have that feature working.....

Anyway, things get sloppy when in a Context Diagram (the top level) I have
one flow with two arrow heads representing ALL flows between the system and
an external entity.

This makes for a neat clean diagram.

Then when it's time to decompose and add more details as I now have major
sub processes of the System, I get into trouble.

1. What do I do with the flow brought down?
2. What do I do with the detailed flows created down that are showing errors
as they don't go up?

I don't seem to recall having this issue in Visio 4.5.

Suggestions?

Don Gilman

2. Another NEW (sort of) game for the VIC-20

3. Data Flow Diagram Model - Labels on Data Flows

4. Dial Up Server revisited

5. DFD Navigator print

6. taskpad

7. Data Flow Model Diagram (Gane-Sarson)

8. win2k slow startup

9. Move diagrams in UML navigator?

10. Can't open file - Data Flow Model Diagram.vst

11. UML Navigator fails inserting new diagrams

12. Adding Packages to Models in the UML Navigator

13. SCL List Editor, Object Editor, Data Navigator