Hyperlinks in Visio 2002

Post by Jean Robitaill » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:00:03

I've been using Visio 2000 for a while to publish an HTML
multi-page orginization chart.

On each box of the chart, I placed a small icon to link to
the Phone list of the unit. (something like
http://www.abcdef.edu/phonelist/phone.asp?unit=3744)

With Visio 2000, I export to HTML and it works just fine.

When I do the same with Visio 2002, the URLs are truncated
(http://www.abcdef.edu/phonelist/phone.asp) and my links
stop working.

Is there a way to solve this problem, other than moving
back to Visio 2000?

Hyperlinks in Visio 2002

Post by RA » Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:52:29

Hi Jean

Here is a workaround.
Click on the shape, and click on Windows \ Show Shapesheet
In the Hyperlink section, change the address to include "?unit=3744"

Sorry for the problem !

- ronnie

Quote:> I've been using Visio 2000 for a while to publish an HTML
> multi-page orginization chart.

> On each box of the chart, I placed a small icon to link to
> the Phone list of the unit. (something like
> http://www.abcdef.edu/phonelist/phone.asp?unit=3744)

> With Visio 2000, I export to HTML and it works just fine.

> When I do the same with Visio 2002, the URLs are truncated
> (http://www.abcdef.edu/phonelist/phone.asp) and my links
> stop working.

> Is there a way to solve this problem, other than moving
> back to Visio 2000?

1. Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

Hi everyone,
 Here is my problem.

I have created many flows with visio (500 +) and when I
hardcode a hyperlink to a shape with the full address is
works fine in I.E. and Netscape.

But..

When I put in a relative path it works fine in I.E but not
Netscape (all versions). What it does is the following.

I put the following hyperlink in a shape in visio:
..\jeff\jeff.htm

In I.E. it looks like this:
http://jeff.system.com/jeff/jeff.htm - everything works
fine.

In Netscape (all versions) when I export this vsd file to
html and view it and I click on the shape to go to the url
it looks like this
http://jeff.system.com/..\jeff\jeff.htm

of course this will not work and I have a requirement to
be be able to view the flows in either I.E or Netscape and
I need to make the flows portable (move to any web server)

so hard-coding the url into the shape is not an option.

I have Visio 2002 pro with the latest service pack and it
does not work.

HELP !!!!

Jeff

2. Double-checked locking and memory barriers

3. Hyperlink Querys with Visio 2002

4. fault tolerance

5. Visio 2002 and truncating hyperlinks

6. Sather for Risc OS now available

7. Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

8. Logitech Mouse & Tandy 1000 SX

9. Hyperlink error in Visio 2002??!!?

10. saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

11. Visio 5.0 opening Visio 2002 doc saved as Visio 5.0

12. BTS 2002 Orchestration & Visio 2002 VS .NET Enterprise Architect

13. Project Integration Visio 2000 vs Visio 2002